No announcement yet.

Lenox Lewis is Canadian not British

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenox Lewis is Canadian not British

This guy went to my highschool, theres a picture of him on the basketball team and he also went to the olympics for Canada. Why do people call him a British Fighter?

Possibly because he was born in England, but i am only guessing....

Comment

Originally posted by fokas View Post
      Possibly because he was born in England, but i am only guessing....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        lol i didnt look at that my bad but why did he fight and live in canada tho

Comment

Originally posted by king4oranges View Post
          lol i didnt look at that my bad but why did he fight and live in canada tho
          He moved to Canada with his mother when he was 12.

Comment

he was born in uk, raised in canada as a teenager, represented canada in olympics, canada didnt embrace him so he switched to britain, now lives in america.

Comment

He's also Jamaican.

Originally posted by jas View Post
              he was born in uk, raised in canada as a teenager, represented canada in olympics, canada didnt embrace him so he switched to britain, now lives in america.
              I think he represent GBR in the pro's because of the money. Because the fan base was a lot bigger. British fighters have huge built in fan bases and following, similar to Mexican fighters. Canadians embrace their athletes, he would have been treated very well, but not to the extent that Brits do.

The problem was that it backfired on him early on. He was only truly embraced later in his career.

Comment

The reason Lewis wasn't a big star like Holyfield or Tyson was because of this very confusion which people didn't know what the heck he was and people didn't respect that which is a shame. They looked at his personality and didn't know what the heck to think. Based on his merits and skill alone, Lewis was a top 5 heavyweight without a doubt.

Comment

He's a jamaican-africa-canadian-limey

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    He's also Jamaican.

I think he represent GBR in the pro's because of the money. Because the fan base was a lot bigger. British fighters have huge built in fan bases and following, similar to Mexican fighters. Canadians embrace their athletes, he would have been treated very well, but not to the extent that Brits do.

The problem was that it backfired on him early on. He was only truly embraced later in his career.
                    I think he represented Canada in the Olympics because he was in their amateur programme. What's he going to do say thanks for the training but i'm fighting for Britain? When he was free to decide without attachments he chose Britain. He also said he has always considered himself British.

Comment

Working...
                    X