Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez: Forget The Judges, Cotto is Going To Sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this fight definitely has that foty feel to it. Going to be an exciting night!

Comment

Sergio is just getting himself motivated

Because this will be his cherrypicking, layup.
      These days, every champ has one, or two,(others have a career)in their reign.
      MC really bit off more than he can chew this time.
      Just really feel for him. That first real shot. "Pow". The look on his face, the pro-Cotto crowd, nut hugger's Lampley, & Kellerman.
      Let's hope the Cotto clan has suite tix. I don't want to see those kids cry when poppa get's that beatdown, or Sergio telling the ref to stop the onslaught!
      it can go two ways, swift, or brutal. Miguel is the only one who knows how long the beating will take!

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
        Way over his head or not, just support and enjoy the fight. This is what boxing should be about. Fighting the best (even outside your weight class) should be the norm not the cherry picking that we see going on today. Sure the decks are stacked against him but the intriguing part of the fight is that there very well could be an upset. This is the fight we as fans need to support, not the cherry picking nonsense that we see being sold as fights when in actuality, they are glorified mismatches and sparring sessions. If fans do their due diligence, this fight should outsell Mayweather -Maidana but it probably won't cos most they don't really understand what a good fight is.

I agree with some of your points, but when it comes to this fight I disagree. Challenging fighters and climbing up in weight in your prime is one thing, but Cotto is past his prime most definitely. He's been on the decline for years. Delvin Rodriguez wasn't on Cottos level. I just don't want him getting completely smashed by this guy. We'll wait and see.

Comment

Cotto is in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
            Cotto proceeded to fall forward is more like it.
            He buckled forward because the shot stopped him in his tracks. Then he proceeded to come forward. To say he was really hurt is an exaggeration of the truth. He kept coming forward after that, he was never out on his feet, knocked down, or even in retreat in that sequence. did you watch the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by PRBox1ng View Post
              I agree with some of your points, but when it comes to this fight I disagree. Challenging fighters and climbing up in weight in your prime is one thing, but Cotto is past his prime most definitely. He's been on the decline for years. Delvin Rodriguez wasn't on Cottos level. I just don't want him getting completely smashed by this guy. We'll wait and see.
              Hasta la Victoria, siempre - Che

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                No, but Floyd had him badly hurt.
                Badly hurt? Haha he was briefly stunned. Badly hurt was after the pacquiao uppercut at the end of the fourth.

Comment

I am a big fan of both Martinez and Cotto but cant stop thinking that he drew 12 rounds against Kermit Cintron. Kermit is not better or even on the same league as Cotto.......things that make you go hummmm...

Comment

Yes Martinez takes Cotto out, especially if Martinez trains on his speed and then utilise his size advantage on fight night.

Comment

Sergio's gonna do something naughty to Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X