Mayweather misses 11 opportunities to fight viable opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      You keep listing Sergio as if Floyd is supposed to fight him....he's the Middleweight Champion currently avoiding his biggest threat, Golovkin. Tell Sergio to fight people in his weight class.

Williams, I addressed that, but you were probably too thick to see that part. He got his first legit win in July 2007, Floyd then fought Hatton, the bigger and better fight at the time. Paul proceeded to drop a decision to Carlos Quintana in February 2008. So don't tell me people were clamoring for Mayweather-Williams in 2008, when that damn well wasn't true after he split with Quintana then moved up to 154. And Mosley didn't want to fight Floyd in 2006 or any time prior. That's been documented. Floyd still fought him while he was #3 P4P and the #1/2 WW in the world coming off a huge win.

You're right, Manny probably didn't say it directly. He only ever says "Talk to my promoter Bob Arum" on who he's fighting. His trainer, who speaks largely fr his entire his team at times, openly said they wouldn't fight Mosley at any other weight aside from 143, then turned around and fought him coming off a one sided loss to Floyd and draw with Mora.

Floyd also still got Cotto when he was #1 at 154, not prime but still good. What's laughable is you have such bad things to say about Floyd but openly defend Manny and never criticize, ever. Manny has fought one legit opponent since Cotto and Clottey...Tim Bradley. Marquez at WW was never supposed to be legit. Pac-JMM 4 was only big because of the debacle that was Pac-JMM 3. Pac fighting Margarito and Mosley at the times he did was a joke, as was Rios coming off a clear loss to Alvarado. Bradley 2 is a good fight, but it's the same opponent he already beat in the eyes of damn near everyone 2 years ago.

Meanwhile the guy you're hating on has fought Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, and now Maidana....all legit fights when he fought them, since.

I'd call it like I see it. Floyd fighting Marquez in 2009 was a joke, I only ever gave Floyd a little bit of credit after seeing Marquez do a number on Manny at WW. Floyd fighting Khan before doing anything significant again would be a joke.
      This is a thread about Floyd's past not current situation. It should be obvious because I'm always bringing up the past. Yet you bring up current Martinez. Martinez called out Floyd many times over the past 5 years. At the time, Martinez could have fought at 154 easily. People were calling for that fight if Manny fight didn't happen. Floyd's team said No to Martinez fight and no it wasn't because of your silly excuse! It was the "money" excuse"

BTW, Floyd has fought many opponents who just had 0, 1 or 2 fights at 147. Yet, I'm sure you considered them opponents legit, right .... but to protect Floyd, who has been #1 P4P and has fought at 154 prior to being called out, you will say just about anything. Crazy stuff!

Williams: Yes, people wanted to see Floyd fight Williams. Much more than Guerrero, Maidana, Khan, ..... you know, the guys YOU, YES YOU keep on telling me are legit fights.....AGAIN, you will say just about anything to protect your hero Floyd. BTW, AGAIN, Floyd ALREADY fought at 154. Secondly, Williams moved up to 154 because he wanted to get fights but told everyone that he can come back down to 147, easily!

Mosley: Funny how you say "but so and so was at 154, so don't blame Floyd". Well, Mosley was fighting at 154 in 2004, 2005 and 2006. While Floyd was fighting at 140 then moved up to 147 and wanted to fight someone there. So why are you blaming Mosley again if you don't see it that way for Floyd?
      Coming back to "Mosley didn't want Floyd", Really? It was documented in 2006 that after the Vargas II fight, Mosley wanted to come down to 147 to fight Floyd, Cotto, .... Mosley had said that if Floyd really wanted Mosley all he had to do is wait a month or two and Mosley would be OK with that.

Just ask yourself why wouldn't Floyd wait a couple of months so he can have Mosley in his resume, considering that Floyd had said that he was getting ready to retire?
      There are video clips of Mosley wanting Floyd in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. Once Mosley spoke louder about wanting Floyd, there are video clips of Floyd NOT wanting Mosley, in 2007-2009. So ask yourself, did Floyd really want to fight Mosley? Not until Floyd himself said that Mosley is now OLD!
      Last edited by ADP02; 03-18-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        You keep listing Sergio as if Floyd is supposed to fight him....he's the Middleweight Champion currently avoiding his biggest threat, Golovkin. Tell Sergio to fight people in his weight class.

Williams, I addressed that, but you were probably too thick to see that part. He got his first legit win in July 2007, Floyd then fought Hatton, the bigger and better fight at the time. Paul proceeded to drop a decision to Carlos Quintana in February 2008. So don't tell me people were clamoring for Mayweather-Williams in 2008, when that damn well wasn't true after he split with Quintana then moved up to 154. And Mosley didn't want to fight Floyd in 2006 or any time prior. That's been documented. Floyd still fought him while he was #3 P4P and the #1/2 WW in the world coming off a huge win.

You're right, Manny probably didn't say it directly. He only ever says "Talk to my promoter Bob Arum" on who he's fighting. His trainer, who speaks largely fr his entire his team at times, openly said they wouldn't fight Mosley at any other weight aside from 143, then turned around and fought him coming off a one sided loss to Floyd and draw with Mora.

Floyd also still got Cotto when he was #1 at 154, not prime but still good. What's laughable is you have such bad things to say about Floyd but openly defend Manny and never criticize, ever. Manny has fought one legit opponent since Cotto and Clottey...Tim Bradley. Marquez at WW was never supposed to be legit. Pac-JMM 4 was only big because of the debacle that was Pac-JMM 3. Pac fighting Margarito and Mosley at the times he did was a joke, as was Rios coming off a clear loss to Alvarado. Bradley 2 is a good fight, but it's the same opponent he already beat in the eyes of damn near everyone 2 years ago.

Meanwhile the guy you're hating on has fought Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, and now Maidana....all legit fights when he fought them, since.

I'd call it like I see it. Floyd fighting Marquez in 2009 was a joke, I only ever gave Floyd a little bit of credit after seeing Marquez do a number on Manny at WW. Floyd fighting Khan before doing anything significant again would be a joke.
        Good post no lie!!!!

Comment

Ducking is relative. You could make that case for every top fighter today. Why didn't Sergio Martinez move up to 168 to fight one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world, Andre Ward? Why is he instead fighting guys coming up from lower weight divisions, Williams, Dzinziruk, Cotto, etc?

It's very easy to do this, especially decades later when said fighter is still at the top of his game. Not many have Mayweather's longevity at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            This is a thread about Floyd's past not current situation. It should be obvious because I'm always bringing up the past. Yet you bring up current Martinez. Martinez called out Floyd many times over the past 5 years. At the time, Martinez could have fought at 154 easily. People were calling for that fight if Manny fight didn't happen. Floyd's team said No to Martinez fight and no it wasn't because of your silly excuse! It was the "money" excuse"

BTW, Floyd has fought many opponents who just had 0, 1 or 2 fights at 147. Yet, I'm sure you considered them opponents legit, right .... but to protect Floyd, who has been #1 P4P and has fought at 154 prior to being called out, you will say just about anything. Crazy stuff!

Williams: Yes, people wanted to see Floyd fight Williams. Much more than Guerrero, Maidana, Khan, ..... you know, the guys YOU, YES YOU keep on telling me are legit fights.....AGAIN, you will say just about anything to protect your hero Floyd. BTW, AGAIN, Floyd ALREADY fought at 154. Secondly, Williams moved up to 154 because he wanted to get fights but told everyone that he can come back down to 147, easily!

Mosley: Funny how you say "but so and so was at 154, so don't blame Floyd". Well, Mosley was fighting at 154 in 2004, 2005 and 2006. While Floyd was fighting at 140 then moved up to 147 and wanted to fight someone there. So why are you blaming Mosley again if you don't see it that way for Floyd?
            Coming back to "Mosley didn't want Floyd", Really? It was documented in 2006 that after the Vargas II fight, Mosley wanted to come down to 147 to fight Floyd, Cotto, .... Mosley had said that if Floyd really wanted Mosley all he had to do is wait a month or two and Mosley would be OK with that.

Just ask yourself why wouldn't Floyd wait a couple of months so he can have Mosley in his resume, considering that Floyd had said that he was getting ready to retire?
            There are video clips of Mosley wanting Floyd in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. Once Mosley spoke louder about wanting Floyd, there are video clips of Floyd NOT wanting Mosley, in 2007-2009. So ask yourself, did Floyd really want to fight Mosley? Not until Floyd himself said that Mosley is now OLD!
            Mosley openly dodged fighting Floyd in 2006, most likely due to his boss Oscar getting his crack at Floyd first, but still. If Mosley was old and done after beating the crap out of Margarito....what was he after getting beat down by Floyd and drawing with Mora???

No one wanted to see Mayweather-Williams after he lost to Carlos f**king Quintana......No one. That's the biggest rewriting of history I've ever seen. The only time anybody wanted to see it was after Paul beat Margarito in 2007, but Floyd had agreed to fight Ricky Hatton at that time, the bigger and better fight anyways.

No one who isn't a Middleweight is obligated to fight Sergio.....true story. But Sergio is obligated to fight Golovkin....but why isn't that happening yet??? Both are on the same networks, same weight class, both have titles. Hmmmmm yet Sergio is being ducked by a guy who's 20 lbs lighter then him. That's classic **** right there.

If Floyd is my "hero" who I'll defend to no end, which isn't true as I've criticized him for Marquez initially and was getting ready to if he fought Khan next......then what is Manny who you've never said one bad thing against, and have absolutely no rebuttal for him only fighting one legit opponent the last 4 years or so now???

If you really think Floyd should fight Sergio, the MW champion since 2010, then should Manny, who was also called out by Sergio several times??? No, neither of them should.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlast03 View Post
              January 2009 opens with Mosley having a career resurrecting win over Margarito, making him the obvious lucrative opponent for Leonard Ellerbe's best friend who announced a comeback in May. Not a chance! Instead, the smaller and less threatening Juan Manuel Marquez was asked to travel north ten pounds for a pay-per-view destination.
              They wanted Mosley after Mayorga and Shane said his tooth hurt and fought Margarito instead.

Do your fuc.king research ya fu.ckwit.

Comment

Working...
              X