Collapse
No announcement yet.

does boxing even need america anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I would be interested in a global breakdown of boxing revenue and how this has changed over time.

Whilst the sport could and would survive without the US (say if the sport was declared illegal after one too many deaths) it's undeniable that the US is the spiritual home of the professional sport, and remains it's primary locus.

Combat sports are as old as humanity and will continue (I suspect) as long as we do regardless of the rise of individual sports or nation states - however pro-boxing in it's present form owes its existance to US, without it, I would expect to see gradual but significant changes to the sport (in terms of rules, management and promotion) over time.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-18-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

This guy is a good troll I must admit. Everytime he says some off the wall stuff, there's pages and pages of posters taking him seriously.

Comment

Isn't this thread an example of trolling? And nationalism? Seems ban worthy.

Comment

Where is Lomachenko fighting at the moment (and getting beat?)

In North America.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            @ 10.34pm

@ 10.37pm

You finished ****ing the missus in 3 mins? LOL she must be more forgiving than mine
            obviously i didn't even log off between those 3 minutes ya doke
            Last edited by Godsfly; 03-18-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              It must be quite galling for Andre Ward to see a guy who he beat quite convincingly making probably 3 times as much money as him.
              Yup quite convincingly.
              Give it up, Britain sucks dude - Bad teeth, bad food, bad boxing

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                With wLAD making 17 mill a fight and froch groves selling 80 000 in 40 minutes.Should we care about American boxing.

Theyre not producing much talent and there fights are horrendously fixed. Is it time for Europe and the rest of the world to form there own federation. And let the likes of these uncoordinated morons such as deontay Wilder miss ounces whilst scoring 1 round knock outs...

discuss
                No. You can quit obsessing now. Go back to your bread pudding or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  That is freaking gold Pac. . Slim just jealous he doesn't have a mammoth like Murricccaaa penis thats all

Comment

this seems like a troll attempt but I guess i'll bite. If heavyweight is the premier weightclass, and that's you're condition for "necessity", then maybe you have a case. I'll even give you a lot of the lighter weight classes as well (fly, bantam, strawweights) are ruled by other nationalities. But I question your heritage (don't care to research it), but I think that boxing would survive much easier without your countrymen than mine. You sound like the kid who tries to unite the schoolyard against the bully. Name a country with close to as much talent as the us and ill give you credit, but seeing that there is no way that you can, I'll bid you adieu young fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                      Do professional basketball players need the NBA? No but that's where the $ is
                      perfect answer!

Comment

Working...
                      X