No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weeks Explains His Decision To Stop Canelo-Angulo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
    They were fighting in a phone booth and the mat was made out of sand, to top it off angulo look like the energizer bunny and was a least 14 pounds heavier, perro-ginger wasa football field, just put all the facts outhere so we can be better informed.
    Lara isnt THAT small... And Canelo did what he wanted throughout the entire ring even when he'd have his back on the ropes... I love Lara but if you ONLY judged their Angulo fight Canelo seemed a different league.

Angulo did land a few solid shots and a few hard combinations but Canelo seems to have a sturdy chin because he took them like they were nothing... Still I cant help but think Angulo may have over trained or something... Its still gard to say because he didnt even seem that exhausted for someone who was taking that kind of beating. I guess Canelo's speed and power just took what he did have out of him. It was a GREAT stoppage. One of my favorites of recent memory because i really like Angulo and glad the ref didnt leave it in his hands or worse.

Comment

They were fighting in a phone booth and the mat was made out of sand, to top it off angulo look like the energizer bunny and was a least 14 pounds heavier, perro-ginger wasa football field, just put all the facts outhere so we can be better informed.
      Canelo didn't run all fight. He came forward 90% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        Lara isnt THAT small... And Canelo did what he wanted throughout the entire ring even when he'd have his back on the ropes... I love Lara but if you ONLY judged their Angulo fight Canelo seemed a different league.

Angulo did land a few solid shots and a few hard combinations but Canelo seems to have a sturdy chin because he took them like they were nothing... Still I cant help but think Angulo may have over trained or something... Its still gard to say because he didnt even seem that exhausted for someone who was taking that kind of beating. I guess Canelo's speed and power just took what he did have out of him. It was a GREAT stoppage. One of my favorites of recent memory because i really like Angulo and glad the ref didnt leave it in his hands or worse.
        Lara was told he couldn't hydrate over 164 while they let angulo go up to 174-175, the ring was the smallest they could find and it was a complaint from Lara that he could not walk right on the mat, like I say they r little thing that when put together can change events, Lara was setup to lose that fight with all those last hours nuances, I don't believe for a second that perro overtrained, he didn't throw with conviction and I remember little cotto putting ginger is ***** street with one punch.

Comment

Lara was told he couldn't hydrate over 164 while they let angulo go up to 174-175, the ring was the smallest they could find and it was a complaint from Lara that he could not walk right on the mat, like I say they r little thing that when put together can change events, Lara was setup to lose that fight with all those last hours nuances, I don't believe for a second that perro overtrained, he didn't throw with conviction and I remember little cotto putting ginger is ***** street with one punch.
          So if Lara cant walk right in the ring explain how that makes it easier for a slower heavier fighter to do so?? they're both on the SAME ring. The ring wasnt even THAT small. :|

And Canelo got caught with ONE shot when he was 18 or 19! He's taken shots by significantly better punchers since when will the silly excuses stop? :/... I'm aware of some of the so called limitations/ ish lara had to deal with but the "quicksand" and if Angulo couldnt hurt Canelo when Cotto could is reaching HARD
          Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-15-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I think it was a good stoppage he was just a punching bag at that stage

Comment

So what is it that you are trying to get at with all this in a thread about Tony Weeks' decision to stop the fight?

Comment

He was catching a beating and it didn't look like he had what it took to turn the fight around at all.

It is the refs job to protect the fighter, the corner also but they are more biased than the ref who should have the clearest eyes on when enough is a enough.

It was a solid stoppage, Weeks should not even have to explain that but it is good that he is willing to make his position clear.

Comment

What's the point of letting a fight go 2 more rounds of an ass whooping!? Weeks had every right to stop it since his corner wouldn't.

Comment

like canelo needed a large ring? canelo doesnt need to run like lara, he took care of angulo right in front of him, not jabbing and running like lara...
                    but guess what lara-canelo will take place on a football field so that lara can run from canelo and keep all of his fans happy..

Comment

What's he gonna say? Yeah, I stopped it too early?

Early stoppage, this is boxing and the championship rounds are there for a reason

Comment

Working...
                      X