Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Says De La Hoya Beef is Just a Rumor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for Slick Rick to go help run TMT Promotions. They have quite an impressive roster of fighters and will continue to flourish once Floyd retires.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
      Time for Slick Rick to go help run TMT Promotions. They have quite an impressive roster of fighters and will continue to flourish once Floyd retires.
      Give me 5 fighters on TMT who impress you?

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
        Give me 5 fighters on TMT who impress you?
        Do they even have 5 fighters? How about I give you just one : Badou Jack!

Comment

Schaefer financed a large portion of GBP with his family money..he was wealthy by his own right but he comes from a very wealthy family. Ain't no way in hell Oscar is going to have issues with a dude who made him more easy money than he could've ever imagined. He may be Oscars employee because Oscar owns more than 50% of the company but Richard could easily go set up his own shop and outspend anyone in boxing for talent.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Schaefer financed a large portion of GBP with his family money..he was wealthy by his own right but he comes from a very wealthy family. Ain't no way in hell Oscar is going to have issues with a dude who made him more easy money than he could've ever imagined. He may be Oscars employee because Oscar owns more than 50% of the company but Richard could easily go set up his own shop and outspend anyone in boxing for talent.
            Oscar doesn't own most of it. Brain wins at the end.

Anschutz Entertainment (spelling?) has a stake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschut...tainment_Group

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
              Do they even have 5 fighters? How about I give you just one : Badou Jack!
              Sarcasm? He just got KO'd in the first recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingscener View Post
                hopefully its true lol. fckin golden boy stunk up the joint with canelo vs angulo
                ya but i dont get everyone acting surprised by it i love angulo but he just is not on the same level as canelo now or 2 years ago thats only thing about it is we should not of been surprised

Comment

check out this article about how oscar and Schaefer build golden boy promotions http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing...den-boy-empire

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    In a way you're right, but as far as i can remember the one who really put on the money for GBP was OScar, if you remember he kept on fighting to do so, (Mayorga, Floyd, Forbes, PAcquiao) so, he is the one who put up the BIG money to form and finance his company. There is no doubt that Richard is a stock holder as are some other companies, but OScar is the owner there. The rest of what you said is right.

Comment

From Oscar:
                      "Regarding all these rumors about my company and Richard Schafer, I will be setting the record straight soon."

https://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/st...40227970150400
                      Last edited by koolttt; 03-15-2014, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X