No announcement yet.

An Interview With Danny Garcia Speaking Spanish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Like many of the younger Latinos growing up in America, he can understand Spanish well but he doesn't speak it well. i think like someone else mentioned his parents spoke to him in Spanish but he probably answered them in English.

Im still laughing when he said etoy LITO instead of estoy LISTO
    I wonder if he's aware of all the errors, or if he actually thinks what he said was fully correct. It's one thing to not grasp the vocabulary (i.e. "before", "different", "first") but his grammar was the real issue. Whoever's teaching him needs to get on that ASAP so he doesn't continue to sound ridiculous.

Comment

At least his trying. To learn the language will be based on how much you open yourself up and speak to others so he's doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        At least his trying. To learn the language will be based on how much you open yourself up and speak to others so he's doing the right thing.
        Yeah, I live in Sweden and I am currently learning spanish. You quickly learn to read and listen and you understand most of what you hear. But since I very rarely talk to other spanish speakers the talking is the most difficult thing for me, it takes time to find the right words and build the grammar. And "under pressure" like Danny is under these interviews I can totally understand why he might struggle. But as you said, trying goes a long way. Danny probably could be fluent in 2-3 years if he keeps it up.

Comment

Check out Robert Guerreros spanish interview, actaully can say "rapido" instead of happydo at 1:47

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
            Check out Robert Guerreros spanish interview, actaully can say "rapido" instead of happydo at 1:47

his spanish is better then dannys lol

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
              his spanish is better then dannys lol
              C'mon Danny's is way better.

Actually I expected Danny's spanish to be a lot worse given the comments here. He is not that bad, he needs a lot of improvement of course but the basis is there. I believe that his spanish can get really good in only 5-6 months of practice

And I am not even a fan of Danny.

Comment

I can sympathize with Danny. My Spanish isn't the greatest either. Both my parents were born in Cuba, but defected to Canada and US with their families when they were young. So growing up I was exposed to Spanish at home, but A LOT of English everywhere else. So as a result I can understand Spanish, but I can't speak it very well.

It doesn't make him any less Latino.

Comment

The PR people are being silly. GGG tries to speak english and very poorly and he's endeared for it....it helps make him who he is...Danny tries spanish and OMG HOW ARE YOU SPEAK SO POORLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                    The PR people are being silly. GGG tries to speak english and very poorly and he's endeared for it....it helps make him who he is...Danny tries spanish and OMG HOW ARE YOU SPEAK SO POORLY.
                    For some reason its like that in Spanish speaking countries. If you are Latino born in America they will rag on you if you do not speak Spanish or if your Spanish is bad they will bust your balls. It's why they use terms like Pocho

What do you guys think of David Diaz and Fernando Vargas spanish?

Comment

Si si si si si.. Si si que si.. Si que no.

Comment

Working...
                      X