Canelo-Angulo PPV buys likely over 300k PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by croz View Post

Steve Kim
    those numbers suggest that Canelo's money was tied into PPV upside( and Im told it did break 300,000 buys)

I would say it's in the 400k range myself. Based on the online trends there's no way it pulled less than Bradley-JMM (375k.) Bradley-JMM had 100k google searches and was second most searched in USA on the day, while Canelo-Angulo had 200k searches and came first.

Espionanza has said on twitter 225k would bank 6 million and still be a success. He also said 1 ppv buy = 6-8 people so if it's 400k buys then max 3.2 million watching.
    I would argue that it barely makes 300,000, if it even does that well.

Comment

Thats decent especially after the performance he gave well what Mayweather made him give last year. I dont know anyone who said they were excited for to watch that fight, let alone casuals would actually pay to buy canelo
      its def rounded UP

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
        Not bad, considering it shouldn't have been PPV to begin with. Delahoya did these types of numbers as a youngster.
        De La Hoya fought much better competition as a youngster. Also, you can't compare 300,000 PPV buys from 10 to 15 years ago to 300,000 PPV buys today. With all the changes in technology, 300,000 PPV buys from 10-15 years ago would be the equivalent of 600,000 today and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
          He's not down to 300k. Steve only said he heard it was above 300k. Only reason he set the mark at 300k is because Canelo gets paid more if the PPV buys are more than 300k. He's basically just pointing out that Canelo will get more money.

And what drop off? Canelo hasn't had a PPV exclusively to himself before. We're not going to pretend those 2.2 million buys were all for Canelo are we?

All the Floyd haters are.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            make a thread about sandwiches and thread Larry will tell you Floyd had a sandwich on tuesday
            How many fighters have eaten tuna sandwiches every Tuesday?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              How many fighters have eaten tuna sandwiches every Tuesday?

ooooohhh...tuna melt...its noon here in cali...i havent had that in ages..thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
                Roy Tito - 500K!

Still surprised by that..
                That was a fun performance, that one and the Lacy one was past prime Roy's last two fun fights to watch as a Roy fan. I know you went to the Lacy one.

Comment

So 100k searches for Bradley-JMM for 375k buys and 200k searchs for Canelo-Angulo for 350k buys. Perhaps the extra 100k searches were for Canelo streams.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    So 100k searches for Bradley-JMM for 375k buys and 200k searchs for Canelo-Angulo for 350k buys. Perhaps the extra 100k searches were for Canelo streams.
                    They said well over 350k

well ... over

speaka the Engrish?

Comment

I thought Canelo was the reason The One sold that many PPVs?

Comment

Working...
                      X