Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What active fighters have the toughest resumes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacman
    B-Hop
    Jones Jr.

In any order

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
      When you are giving up height, reach, and weight advantage almost every fight... it's pretty tough.

Height, reach, and fight night weight can be huge advantages. Cherrypicker? Dude faced his kryptonite-stylistically nemesis 4 times when he didn't have to.

Anyhow, I also have Froch, Ward and Bradley as next on my list of guys who have had the toughest fights.
      Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, Marquez 3, Rios, Bradley 1 could be viewed as cherry picks using NSB logic, we don't want any double standards here...just sayin.

Comment

Shane and it isnt close. Fought VArgas twice, Vernon twice, Winky Twice, Oscar twice, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Canelo, Mundine (sure Mundine aint s hit but this is old ass mosley we re talking about), Mora (same reason as mundine) and also fought Cotto an Marg.

Cotto fought Floyd-Pac-Trout-Marg-Shane and now Serg. >__>... Dudes he should be fighting (except maybe Sergio). Not bad but Shane had balls even entertaining a fight vs Winky. Shane been fighting these dudes from prime up until significant past prime. No one else on the list really competes quality wise..Cotto is the closest.

This is based off people on your list otherwise you hAvE to give a shoutout to b hop. Dude fought a prime roy..lost but jesus that holds some weight lol. Still, Shane is top of the list
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-13-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

James Toney - Michael Nunn, Merqui Sosa, Reggie Johnson, Mike Mccaulum x3, Montell Griffin x2, Iran Barkley, Roy Jones Jr., Vasilly Jirov, Evander Holyfield, Rydell Booker, John Ruiz, Sam Peter x2, Hasim Rahmen, etc etc.

Best active resume, by a mile, win or lose.

Shane Mosley is a close 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
            James Toney - Michael Nunn, Merqui Sosa, Reggie Johnson, Mike Mccaulum x3, Montell Griffin x2, Iran Barkley, Roy Jones Jr., Vasilly Jirov, Evander Holyfield, Rydell Booker, John Ruiz, Sam Peter x2, Hasim Rahmen, etc etc.

Best active resume, by a mile, win or lose.

Shane Mosley is a close 2nd
            Ok...perhaps I should have added fighters that should be active. Now we can cross off RJJ and Lights Out

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
              Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, Marquez 3, Rios, Bradley 1 could be viewed as cherry picks using NSB logic, we don't want any double standards here...just sayin.
              again, PAC took all comers which made $ sense for PPV's. Ok he faced a couple of guys past prime in Mosley and De La Hoya. But even at their age, it's not very easy to beat hall of famers.

Every single guy you listed were past world champions.

Calling Floyd and PAC cherrypickers is easy, when they dominate their competition. They are still facing world class competition. It's not their fault that they make it look easy.

Comment

Easily Paulie. Hes faced them all

I know its hated on but Floyd has fought nothing but highly ranked champions
                Last edited by Fetta; 03-13-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
                  again, PAC took all comers which made $ sense for PPV's. Ok he faced a couple of guys past prime in Mosley and De La Hoya. But even at their age, it's not very easy to beat hall of famers.

Every single guy you listed were past world champions.

Calling Floyd and PAC cherrypickers is easy, when they dominate their competition. They are still facing world class competition. It's not their fault that they make it look easy.

Its matters WHEN you fight a guy as well. Pac didnt want to face Shane right after he destroyed Margs and waited 2 years to fight an older version. And even tho Baldomir was the lineal champ--he was painfully average.

Im so sick of hearing "world class comp" "top ranked" and "champions." There are like 50 "champions" in the sport...you think they are all world class?

Its all hot sauce to make bland meat taste better. Im sorry but not everyone these guys faced was as diesel as you are egregiously trying to make then appear.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                    Ok...perhaps I should have added fighters that should be active. Now we can cross off RJJ and Lights Out
                    Toney is active, and I dont see the problem with it considering he isn't facing top tier guys. Nothing wrong with him collecting checks fighting up and comers or doing the prize fighter tournies.

He is doing this thing now "Road to 100 fights" and posts his workouts everyday on facebook. Hes a funny guy, wish he would hang em up but the dude loves to fight. Apparently he hasnt squandered all his money away either, he is still worth over a million or two. I think he owns a gym in California now, he should just train young fighters instead of fighting but I don't mind. Honestly he didn't look too too bad in the prize fighter tournament last time until the 2nd and 3rd rounds of his last fight, and that fight could have gone either way.

Comment

Holyfield definitely. (sadly)

Comment

Working...
                      X