No announcement yet.

So sick of people buying into hype and falling for the B.S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    He'll likely be in the shape of his career.

But I feel he'll fade at some point but he always get's a second wind and can be dangerous late.

What I like about this fight is Maidana will force the fight throughout, that's a style Mayweather hasn't seen since Hatton. He's willing to get rough and dirty and that should spell some entertainment IMO.

I see a lot of people saying "Floyd always fights this style" but I don't see it. Canelo and Guererro aren't pressure fighters, neither is Ortiz really and obviously Mosley isn't. The closest thing is Cotto and he gave Floyd a problem or two
    Lets hope Maidana keeps punching and doesn't do what ghost, canelo, rios, agbeko, and nonito have done in recent fights-quit throwing and be content to lose by UD rather than risk getting KO'd trying to get a KO they need to win.

Comment

He'll likely be in the shape of his career.

But I feel he'll fade at some point but he always get's a second wind and can be dangerous late.
      I see Mayweather going to he body early and often. As a result, I could see MM sucking wind around the 8th round until the end.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      What I like about this fight is Maidana will force the fight throughout, that's a style Mayweather hasn't seen since Hatton. He's willing to get rough and dirty and that should spell some entertainment IMO.
      Sure. And honestly, the Hatton fight was the last one where I saw Floyd a little troubled early on. Especially in round 1.

I see a lot of people saying "Floyd always fights this style" but I don't see it. Canelo and Guererro aren't pressure fighters, neither is Ortiz really and obviously Mosley isn't. The closest thing is Cotto and he gave Floyd a problem or two
      It's the easy thing to say at this point. So they repeat it. I think they see people get dominated so much and that somehow equals = Floyd fighting the same style.
      Last edited by V.WEBB; 03-12-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        That's not what I was saying. I'm talking about whose style is more difficult.

The common thread is Maidana has "earned" the fight - whatever that means. Whilst Khan has a more difficult style for Mayweather.
        That's exactly what I'm saying.

Like I said pretty split.

In no way is it overwhelming for Khan.

Plenty say Khan's more of a challenge and plenty say the same for Maidana.

All of those people I listed didn't say "Maidana deserves it" they said Maidana poses a bigger threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Lets hope Maidana keeps punching and doesn't do what ghost, canelo, rios, agbeko, and nonito have done in recent fights-quit throwing and be content to lose by UD rather than risk getting KO'd trying to get a KO they need to win.
          canelo and donaire did no such thing, pay attention when watching this stuff plz

neither did the ghost, he just had a full blown ****** of a gameplan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I don't think he will. I've never seen him stop trying.

Guererro, Canelo and Donaire aren't even pressure fighters or even really agressive fighters by nature so to me it's not surprising when trying to force the action and were countered decided to revert to what they're comfortable with, which is boxing.

Maidana's style is in your face, agressive for all 12 rounds. When's the last time Mayweather fought that style? Ricky Hatton.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Like I said pretty split.

In no way is it overwhelming for Khan.

Plenty say Khan's more of a challenge and plenty say the same for Maidana.

All of those people I listed didn't say "Maidana deserves it" they said Maidana poses a bigger threat.
              I'll take your word for it.

My point was that it's more than just "UK fans" that are saying Khan would be a more difficult style for Mayweather to contend with and that Mayweather picked the easier/more suitable style for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                canelo and donaire did no such thing, pay attention when watching this stuff plz

Donaire spent the last round running away while he was down on the cards...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I'll take your word for it.

My point was that it's more than just "UK fans" that are saying Khan would be a more difficult style for Mayweather to contend with and that Mayweather picked the easier/more suitable style for him.
                  Oh yeah definitely.

A lot of people do feel Khan would pose more problems outside of the UK. I understand because I also do think Khan would pose a few issues aswell especially early.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

I was. None of these men tried to get the KO they needed to win. they settled for UD loses. we can agree to disagree.

I don't think he will. I've never seen him stop trying.

Guererro, Canelo and Donaire aren't even pressure fighters or even really agressive fighters by nature so to me it's not surprising when trying to force the action and were countered decided to revert to what they're comfortable with, which is boxing.Maidana's style is in your face, agressive for all 12 rounds. When's the last time Mayweather fought that style? Ricky Hatton.
                    the bolded is a good way to explain what I was saying above.

True about Hatton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      All these threads, "what if maidana does this, what if he does that, can he win if he does that?"

No.

No, no no no no no no.

how many time, no

This is a mismatch, you KNOW it is, he isn't going to win, he isn't going to drop floyd, he isn't going to do ****

stop asking silly questions!!!
                      Yep, it's a mismatch at the end of the day.

There is a buzz around Maidana because he dropped Broner, but Broner is one of the most static boxers around right now.
                      Come fight night, Maidana will struggle to land a thing, and probably won't win a round.

Comment

Working...
                      X