No announcement yet.

Just Rewatched Some Of Angulo vs Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Rewatched Some Of Angulo vs Lara

can someone please explain to me how Canelo-Angulo is fixed? That is the same exact guy in the Lara fight. Just watch the first round. People saying where is his power? He was hitting Lara with the same type of punches. It was just magnified because Canelo was throwing back with so much force and Canelo was putting him on the backfoot instead of Angulo putting Lara on it.

The Canelo fight was over from the very 1st punch. You could tell that Angulo thought he would be the stroner fighter and the harder puncher. Canelo landed that 1st blow and it was a total shock to his system. He thought Canelo would be running from him. It was similar to Broner-Maidana. Just a shock to the system. Those first 30 seconds sapped him of his strength. People act like punches dont effect you. He was stunned & dazed. It weakened him.

Still, it isnt much different then how he looked vs Lara. Just the opponent was totally differet and a totally different style. Just watch the 1st round of each fight or even just the first 30 seconds of the Canelo fight. Also tell me that Angulo was punching much harder against Lara. He wasnt and he didnt have that heavy artillary coming back at him. Canelo's body is also much thicker than Lara's so those shots wont effect him the same

Last edited by DLT; 03-09-2014, 01:40 PM.

dlt works for golden boy promotions

Comment

exactly the guys is a hard puncher and thats it, watch the Kirkland fight as well when he gets backed up he looks terrible

Comment

Canelo looked good last night; Lara needs to be next

Comment

i dunno where ppl get this idea of angulo being an exceptional fighter. he has never been. hes always been slow, easy to hit with punches that u can see a mile away. i rememeber a few months back someone telling me he would give floyd trouble. thats whats wrong with this site. ppl base everything they know about a fighter on 1 fight.

Comment

LOL. You taking these comments too serious. Styles make fights. Canelo has a much more versatile offensive attack than Lara and was the physically bigger and stronger fighter last night. You just can't compare the two.

Just like Lara beat Trout more convincingly because he was allowed to sit back, box and get comfortable.

Comment

Are you ****ting me, OP? Look at the hooks to the body and uppercuts in the 1st round in the Canelo fight compared to the Lara fight.

Night and day.

Comment

Those early body shots from Canelo took a lot out of Angulo. When has he ever faced a fighter like Canelo (speed, power and combination punching). Plus Canelo was his size and not afraid to exchange. Canelo gained Angulo's respect right away.

Even Jorge Silva brought it to Angulo early in their fight but he was much smaller and didn't have enough power.

Lara was picking Angulo apart on the outside but he is clearly lacking an inside game. Lara was supposed to make Angulo pay when he got inside. Also, Lara never really worked Angulo's body. Angulo's confidence grew as the fight progressed. Canelo never let him gain momentum.

How about Angulo/Trout next? That's an intriguing matchup.

Comment

Angulo looked like a dead man walking even during his ringwalk just about everyone sensed something was off. He had no bounce in his step, it was a hugely lethargic performance & everything he threw against Canelo was pulled or slow ass arm-punches though he is an arm-puncher for most part anyway he committed to nothing against Canelo.

He looked old/drained.

Canelo looked great but to me it was crystal clear, that Angulo looked like a shot fighter. He didn't look against Silva either but still something was off in this fight.

Comment

canelo didnt stand on the ropes and let perro tee off

being on the ropes is why lara got dropped in the first place

canelo also threw combinations to keep perro off him, while lara just did pot shots and scarce 1-2s

but compare the speeds, of perro, its basically the same slow, plodding fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X