Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Going to Get Any #1 vs. #2 Matchups in Any Division This Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you trying to depress me bro?

Comment

Stevenson vs Kovalev is most likely going to happen.

I don't understand why people wanna see a Ward vs Froch rematch, first fight wasn't close and Froch got lucky to get a win against Groves in his last fight.

A lot of these other matchups are blocked by promoters/networks conflict.

I'm sure Uchiyama would travel if they made it worth his while.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Stevenson vs Kovalev is most likely going to happen.

I don't understand why people wanna see a Ward vs Froch rematch, first fight wasn't close and Froch got lucky to get a win against Groves in his last fight.

A lot of these other matchups are blocked by promoters/networks conflict.

I'm sure Uchiyama would travel if they made it worth his while.
        If he stays at 68 its the highest paying best fight available unless Groves wins which means then that Ward vs. Groves should happen. Ward isn't fighting until the summer and will likely fight only once or twice this year against overmatched opponents.

Its a sad sight when the #2 p4p fighter in the sport is chasing bum ass Chavez Jr.

Comment

ward already turned down a career high payday to fight froch. he also turned down bute and stevenson. this guy doesn't want to fight unless everything is in his favor. i bet he fights angulo next because he knows angulo will lay down for him.

Comment

This list is pretty depressing. Hopefully everything starts looking brighter as the year progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              In every division, there is an excuse of why the best fighters in each division can't face each other. Last year we had Donaire/Rigondeaux, Garcia/Matthysse, Mayweather/Canelo and Bradley/Marquez. But this year:

Heavyweight:

Klitchko vs. Pulev - I don't know what is holding this up but I don't see either side making any effort to make it happen.

Crusierweight:

Huck vs. Hernandez - Same trainer and friends

Light Heavyweight:

Stevenson vs. Kovalev - They are doing more fighting outside of the ring and Stevenson seems to want to look elsewhere.

Super Middleweight:

Ward vs. Froch 2 - Ward won't travel and Froch doesn't need it.

Middleweight:

Martinez vs. Golovkin - Dibella wants NO PARTS of GGG

Junior Middleweight:

Canelo vs. Lara - Canelo's team doesn't seem interested and his dickriders are making excuses

Welterweight -

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao/Bradley - Hahahahahahhahaahhahaha

Junior Welterweight -

Garcia vs. Provodnikov - Garcia is eyeing Peterson and Provodnikov is going to fight ****ing Antonio DeMarco? Really?

Lightweight -

Crawford/Abril/Vazquez - Bad style matchups. Probably will see Juan Diaz vs. Crawford and Abril vs. Linares.

Junior Lightweight -

Uchiyama vs. Mikey - Neither will travel

Featherweight -

No clear cut #1 and #2 right now

Junior Featherweight -

Nobody wants any parts of Rigo

Bantamweight -

Moreno and Yamanaka aren't even on each others radar

Super Flyweight -

Meh

Flyweight -

Maybe we get Chocolito vs. Yaegashi but will a network pick it up?
              I think there's a good chance of Wlad/Pulev happening.

I expect Stevenson/Kovalev to happen.

There's a slim chance I'll hold out hope for of Martinez/Golovkin happening.

There's no reason to keep any of the lightweights away from each other, but I can't say with confidence any of those three fight each other.

The only one I feel good about is Stevenson/Kovalev.

Comment

Technically isn't Floyd #1 at 154, so 1 vs 2 would either be him and Canelo again or him and Lara. Regardless neither of those happen so I get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Junior Lightweight -

Uchiyama vs. Mikey - Neither will travel

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  good thread, and bet NONE of those fights happen
                  Well, looks like at least one of these is gonna happen. But of course people are still complaining.

Comment

Chocolatito is not the best at flyweight that tittle belongs to estrada who has proved it inside the ring and at flyweight. Doesnt matter if chocalito barely beat him in the lower weight.

Comment

Now even Stevenson-Kovalev is in jeopardy..

Comment

Working...
                      X