Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd comes in overweight vs Marquez, pays him, no big deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rofl, floyd paid him 2 million. 1 Million per pound.

Shut the **** up TS.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      146=1 pound under the limit

155=a pound over the limit
      Lol wtf? The agreed upon weight limit for mayweather/Marquez was 144. The agreed upon weight limit for canelo/perro was 154. So floyd was 2 pounds over.
      Last edited by raabd; 03-08-2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Hey kev Floyd gets no credit for the JMM fight because if that and deservedly so if he fought at 140 and made weight and beat the brakes off of him them only true haters would give him crap.
        B.S, and you know it, had Floyd fought Marquez at 140 they still would have said Marquez was too small.Floyd fought Hatton at 147 but yet people said Hatton was too small even though Hatton won a belt at 147.And Floyd started his career at 130 and Hatton started his career at 140.

Pacquiao made Marquez jump 2 weight classes to fight him.And Pacquiao got a gift decision in that fight.Floyd was coming off of a 2 year layoff when he fought Marquez,so i give him credit for that win.Plus even before the weigh in,Floyd told Marquez that he couldn't make weight so then they renegotiated the contract.Floyd started his career at 130 which is his best weight and Marquez started his career at 126 which is his best weight.Plus Floyd was coming off of a 2 year layoff;so there was no real unfair advantage for Floyd.

Comment

If y'all needed ANY more proof that this guy was a terrible poster with very poor logic...here ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            Floyd fans talk about Floyd's walk around weight of 152 pounds. So you are telling me he couldn't lose 8 freaking pounds yet u are complaining about Canelo (who probably walks around at 170 lbs) having to lose about 16 ? Really?

Floyd was coming off of a 2 year layoff so he could have put on a lot of weight all that time.Canelo made 152 for the Floyd fight fight so he could have made 154 for the Angulo fight.He was just too undisciplined to make 154.
            When the Angulo fight was announced Canelo looked flabby.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              And that's on top of them having no intentions to give him credit whether the fight was at 144, 140, 146, or 147, hell not even if Floyd drained himself all the way down to 135 they would have never given him credit for it they would have just said "Floyd so scared of Mosley he ran down to Lightweight like a coward!"

All scenarios have built in excuses when it comes to Floyd.
              I think you meant to say:
              "All Floyd fans like me, Kev, have built in excuses when it comes to Floyd"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
                  Canelo does the same exact thing, against a guy in his own weight class, and the world is going to end. Can anyone explain why there is a double standard here?
                  Canelo did it by 1/2 pound. Mayweather was making a featherweight that rose to lightweight fight as a welterweight. Mayweather's was done for he would have every advantage like most of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    thread backfire
                    As I was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                      Im sure you would know they fought twice. I gave the first fight to Castillio too as I dont think Floyd is undefeated due to that.

De La Hoya had the fight on his terms: 10 ounce gloves, Ring size and 154 lbs which Mayweather had never competed at before. Still lost.

Hatton won the WBA 147 title vs Collazo (close fight) previously so doubt he was small.
                      Dude Everyone knows Hatton got a gift against Collazo and small I'm talking about his height 5 foot 3 Floyd looked about 5 inches taller so don't tell me Hatton is 5 foot 6. If you think Hatton beat Collazo than I know your not smarter than a 5th grade. Who care about Delahoya's terms he was a shot fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X