No announcement yet.

Floyd comes in overweight vs Marquez, pays him, no big deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Because Floyd is part of the Affirmative action group you know like our worthless President

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Mayweather coming in overweight was a HUGE deal around here. People still give Mayweather no credit for the win because he came in overweight.
      And that's on top of them having no intentions to give him credit whether the fight was at 144, 140, 146, or 147, hell not even if Floyd drained himself all the way down to 135 they would have never given him credit for it they would have just said "Floyd so scared of Mosley he ran down to Lightweight like a coward!"

All scenarios have built in excuses when it comes to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        It is bad regardless of who does it, BUT:

Floyd Mayweather at that point had been a 5 weight world champion and none of those belts were handed to him by the sanctioning body. He had beaten names like: Corrales, Castillio, Prime Judah, De La Hoya and Hatton. He at that point was p4p#1/#2 even after a hiatus.

This is just an attempt to justify Canelo's career which was handed to him. He is fighting the biggest puncher of his career after 40 plus fights?

Canelo wins a vacant belt vs Matthew Hatton and defended against Alfonso Gomez,Ryan Rhodes and ancient Baldomir. Trout is the only win he can talk about, but for a guy who is hyped so much thats a joke. No big deal?
        I wouldn't brag about Castillo we all know who won, funny how you write Prime Judah well why didn't you add Shot Delahoya and Little Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          I never did any double standard. I just gave an explanation why many may feel like that, because there is a difference.

One doesn't make a catchweight limit, the other cannot make the weight division limit. So for instance, if Canelo didn't make the 152 lb catchweight against Floyd, I don't think Canelo would get any criticism for that. Instead, I think Floyd would get more criticism or others would cheer Canelo for not doing it. And that makes sense.

But when you can't make the weight division limit, that's the sign of a bigger problem. The problem being that you may be too big for the weight division.
          Floyd fans talk about Floyd's walk around weight of 152 pounds. So you are telling me he couldn't lose 8 freaking pounds yet u are complaining about Canelo (who probably walks around at 170 lbs) having to lose about 16 ? Really?

Comment

I wouldn't brag about Castillo we all know who won, funny how you write Prime Judah well why didn't you add Shot Delahoya and Little Hatton
            Im sure you would know they fought twice. I gave the first fight to Castillio too as I dont think Floyd is undefeated due to that.

De La Hoya had the fight on his terms: 10 ounce gloves, Ring size and 154 lbs which Mayweather had never competed at before. Still lost.

Hatton won the WBA 147 title vs Collazo (close fight) previously so doubt he was small.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              And that's on top of them having no intentions to give him credit whether the fight was at 144, 140, 146, or 147, hell not even if Floyd drained himself all the way down to 135 they would have never given him credit for it they would have just said "Floyd so scared of Mosley he ran down to Lightweight like a coward!"

All scenarios have built in excuses when it comes to Floyd.
              Hey kev Floyd gets no credit for the JMM fight because if that and deservedly so if he fought at 140 and made weight and beat the brakes off of him them only true haters would give him crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
                Canelo does the same exact thing, against a guy in his own weight class, and the world is going to end. Can anyone explain why there is a double standard here?
                Floyd doesn't come to the fight weighing 170+ lmao nor does he look like jack skeleton at the weigh in then go to the waffle house afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
                  Canelo isn't black.

Look at the double standards Floyd's fan base did with the catch weights. They shit on Pac for years and then Floyd does it, it's all good doe.
                  Imma Floyd fan and i admitted Floyd was a hypocrite for that.Where are the Canelo fans criticizing Canelo for not making weight not once but twice?

Comment

Because Floyd is part of the Affirmative action group you know like our worthless President
                    Floyd most be a white female wearing a black male disguise then,Because white women are the biggest beneficiaries of Affirmative action.

Source: http://ideas.time.com/2013/06/17/aff...e-than-anyone/

Comment

Floyd got no credit from guys like Dan Rafael, Max Kellerman, and the majority of boxing writers,journalists, and analysts because he shouldn't have.

Pretty simple stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X