Carlos Molina Jailed Denied Release

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Molina Jailed Denied Release

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...ailed-22809831

IBF light middleweight champion Carlos Molina has been jailed in Las Vegas two days before a scheduled fight.

Molina is being held at the Clark County jail on a federal immigration hold and a warrant accusing him of failing to register as a sex offender seven years ago in Wisconsin.

Las Vegas police Officer Laura Meltzer said Thursday the 30-year-old Molina was arrested Tuesday on a 2007 warrant from Outagamie (out-ah-GAY'-mee) County, Wisconsin.

Molina made an appearance Thursday before a Las Vegas judge and tried to post $10,000 bail.

But Meltzer says his release was denied after Las Vegas police learned he was also sought by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Molina (22-5-2, 6 KOs) is scheduled to fight Jermall Charlo (17-0, 13 KOs) on Saturday.

seems like the duck is in.

Comment

This Pedo is lucky, coping out of a Lara rematch. Pinche pendejo.

Comment

I know this is bad for Molina.. but great for boxing fans all around that aint gotta see him fight

Comment

He never should of been on the card in the first place.

GBP needs to get their **** together

Comment

He's not a sex offender, he was just repeatedly holding and hugging the girl.

Comment

I wanted to see Jermall Charlo fight. Sucks if he is denied a world title chance and months of training because of this.

Comment

This is the only fight I cared about this weekend. 2014 sucks so far for boxing.

Comment

Fat Dan has a more updated story.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...led-ahead-bout
                  "In 2001, when he was 18 years old -- and I'm just learning all this this week -- he got arrested for statutory rape. She was 16 or 15, two teenagers," Margules, who is also an attorney, said. "Not knowing how it would impact his life at all, he pled guilty to time served in Appleton, Wis., and did three years probation and never registered as a sex offender. That was what the warrant was for. I worked it out.

"We spoke to Wisconsin and we agreed on a $10,000 bond. We had a bond hearing (Thursday morning in Las Vegas). I posted the bond. He was supposed to be out by 10 or 11 and be at the press conference. Then we found out there was an immigration hold."

Molina was born in Mexico but has lived in the United States since he was 4, has a child here and what Margules described as a "common law wife of 11 years."

"I thought he was a citizen. He was a permanent resident," Margules said.

Comment

I'm going to laugh at the AAs that say "Fuck Molina" and then go jam to R Kelly.

No man should touch a minor. Sick Shit!

I was really looking forward to this fight. If true doe, I'm done as a Molina fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X