Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto: "Hardest fight for me...Mayweather" "145 catchweight Pac did affect me..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    Boom. Good answer. No argument from me.

Both good wins, and both came in 1 lb lighter than their previous fight. Big deal!
    I mean, just watch the fights. Did either Cotto or Alvarez look like they were losing because of the weigh-in?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Everyone says Mayweather is the toughest fight because he's so great. I just think Pac dominated him in a way that we have never seen.
      it's probably because he put up such a good fight against floyd while being dominated by pac that he wants to say ... 'yeah that where I got destroyed ... that wasn't me. But that fight where I did well ... yeah that was me'

Comment

Originally posted by Willthethrill View Post
        Imo the way manny fights, cotto had lot more freedom. Floyd took away things and made him feel like he was getting shut down
        so shut down he didn't even feel like he lost the fight, left the ring annoyed by the scorecards, when asked if he felt he lost the fight, puts on a "well now that you mentioned it..." look, shrugs his shoulders and says, "well the judges said i lost the fight and i can't do anything else"

and even if he did thinks he lost, he definitely thought it was close

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
        But Cotto actually complains about that and uses it as a excuse, has Canelo ever said that he only lose because he was at 152?
        give it a while

cotto said he felt fine at the weight post fight, said he felt faster than usual, strong the whole shibbang before the fight

three years later, here comes mayweather with "miguel cotto is actually undefeated, one guy used plaster and the other fight was at a catcheweight, so i view cotto as an undefeated fighter"

cotto all "yea....lets go with that, now that you mention it, i remember i had to cut out my mars bars to make weight for that fight, it was tough, for this one i can eat all the mars bars i want"

Comment

Well of course it did. If MP ever asked any other WW's to catch weights, then thy could be asked to compare. But only MC has been asked by Pacquiao to fight at a CW

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I mean, just watch the fights. Did either Cotto or Alvarez look like they were losing because of the weigh-in?
            Exactly. People just have to use their eyes and common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              it's probably because he put up such a good fight against floyd while being dominated by pac that he wants to say ... 'yeah that where I got destroyed ... that wasn't me. But that fight where I did well ... yeah that was me'
              exactly it

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                It's usually the other way around.

Both were good wins. You think 2 lbs really messed with either guy when they huge on fight night???
                To be honest I think 152 did hurt Canelo.

The kid kills himself to make 154 already, his days at JMW are limited.

Cotto started at 140, Pacs first fight at WW was oscar. Floyd fought at 154 twice before Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                  Cotto's just trying to save face.

In reality, the Margarito fight was his toughest fight, because he got stopped in a beat down type of fashion. Plaster or not, that's the correct answer.

It's easy to say, "b b but I wasn't in the right shape", after you get your ass handed to you. It's easier to say, "I was in great shape for this fight" when you put on a decent performance.

Of course he's gonna say he wasn't in shape for a fight where he got absolutely embarrassed in front of millions of people. Boxers have huge egos.
                  It also easy to say "That was a lucky punch" . Cotto has had a thicker Torso than any of the fighters he's ever fought apart from Pacquaio, why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                    give it a while

cotto said he felt fine at the weight post fight, said he felt faster than usual, strong the whole shibbang before the fight

three years later, here comes mayweather with "miguel cotto is actually undefeated, one guy used plaster and the other fight was at a catcheweight, so i view cotto as an undefeated fighter"

cotto all "yea....lets go with that, now that you mention it, i remember i had to cut out my mars bars to make weight for that fight, it was tough, for this one i can eat all the mars bars i want"
                    Just wait til Canelo has to sell a fight a slick mover. You'll hear all the excuses.

Comment

lol @ idiots trying to tell cotto his opinion - based on first hand experience! - is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X