Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin, Chavez Jr. camps target a July 12 fight at Forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought ppl didnt want GGG to move up and fight so he could stay at MW to unify titles? I guess that only applies when he's being called out by Ward.

Anyways, it should be a fun fight while it lasts, I favor GGG but Jr could make it tough. Hopefully it'll finally setup a fight with Ward.

Comment

• This fight would have been interesting a year ago when Chavez was a middleweight. If Golovkin ends up are super middleweight away from the protection of the WBC, he will having to fight better fighters.

Comment

• might have to go to this fight

Comment

• K.Oing Chavez Jr. will make Martinez vs GGG the most anticipated fight in boxing

Comment

• My birthday is July 14th! I know what I'll be doing on my birthday weekend if this comes to fruition.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RowdyMind View Post
                I thought ppl didnt want GGG to move up and fight so he could stay at MW to unify titles? I guess that only applies when he's being called out by Ward.

Anyways, it should be a fun fight while it lasts, I favor GGG but Jr could make it tough. Hopefully it'll finally setup a fight with Ward.
                I believe people would rather let GGG stay at 160 than fight Ward if the split is in Ward's favor but they have no complaints of GGG fighting Ward @ 168 if the split is 50/50.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Well if you think catchweights are bad, that one is very bad from multiple angles, Floyd's hypocrisy aside. It matters to me since as a Pac fan I had to endure sanctimonious CW bull**** from Floyd's minions here, day in day out, until May of last year.

Cheating history, you should ask these guys that introduced the lingo, mostly flo mos. Might ask "turbotime", I see he's back with an alt. But one example is being 2x, unified, lineal, reigning champ (for almost 2 years) who unified at a CW, and should be excused from fighting all comers at the weight. That's one whale of a paper champ.

^^^ This doesn't belong in the thread, just to answer your questions, but the point is if you're fine with one guy going up just for the big money fights, you should understand when another guy does it. It's double true if your guy has heavy credentials at the weight, and you want to excuse him from fighting anyone too threatening there, nevermind p4p #2.
                  Ok but what does that have to do with me?

If they said it then why are you saying it to me? Doesn't that make you sound as stupid as them? I didn't say any of those things about Pacquaio.

As for the last part, where did I say I have a problem with this fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by bartolomewj View Post
                    I believe people would rather let GGG stay at 160 than fight Ward if the split is in Ward's favor but they have no complaints of GGG fighting Ward @ 168 if the split is 50/50.
                    gtfoh!!

Everyone knows why Golovkin don't want it with Ward....since when did fans become so interested in the purse split....that whole Floyd-Pac **** changed the game huh?!?

Comment

• Hope I'm here for it

Comment

Working...
                      X