Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin, Chavez Jr. camps target a July 12 fight at Forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thrilled that this fight is on the horizon. I expect it to be competitive because of the style match-up, but someone is going to wilt under the punishment. The fact that this is taking place at 168 is definitely an advantage for Chavez. If 3G hits as hard as he's rumored to, then this will be the fight that proves it.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      You don't watch boxing being worried about that stuff in evenly matched fights, but this is not an evenly matched fight. You literally have a slow plodding celebrity with club fighter level skill, and perhaps the worst defense I have ever seen, against a world class fighter with terrifying power.

There is nothing scarier in this sport than someone who can take a hard shot wont go down, and is easy to hit.

Its why what happened to Mago happened to him. To say "oh they know what they are doing" is really ****** and a dangerous attitude.

That is why there are commissions and referees, fighters need to be saved from themselves on occasion, and Chavez needs saving from this.
      It happens, I am under no illusion about what I am watching anytime a dude can get messed up as McClellen was a very solid fighter. People also need to know when to walk away, but it is also their life and they can do what they want with it~

It is why refs and trainers should be cautious with guys, there was no need for Abdusalamov to take that full beating but I have no problem with him being in that fight having a shot.

I don't want anyone to get seriously hurt however it doesn't overly concern me but when boxing is eventually outlawed I know why it happened~
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 03-06-2014, 12:39 AM.

Comment

In all honestly, I used to think Chavez Jr was a no skill, tomato can crusher who is nothing more then a big draw with a big fan base with absolutely no skill (a walking punching bag)

But now that he's fighting Golovkin, I have to admit... He is not only skilled but he has a GRANITE chin and his relentless pressure style could and would cause fits for anyone. He has also shown power at 160 and taking a shot from JCC Jr could even further solidify Golovkins steel chin.

A win over Chavez Jr and Golovkin would be making a huge statement. A in-shape Chavez jr could defeat anybody with the right training camp and IF Golovkin were to win, it would really tell us a lot.

Both men are warriors and I expect nothing but respect from both guys for each other outside of the ring and fireworks inside

Comment

Double post ..

Comment

Should JR hire a new trainer in between now and then? Might be tough on the boxing end of it - but him appearing to be more professional in his appoach to big fights is somewhat of a selling point to ppl who sit on the fence with him. Sad, but true. I guess it might not matter since this is a sure fire war involving GG?

Comment

At 168? Idk tough fight for gggs first fight at 168

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                In all honestly, I used to think Chavez Jr was a no skill, tomato can crusher who is nothing more then a big draw with a big fan base with absolutely no skill (a walking punching bag)

But now that he's fighting Golovkin, I have to admit... He is not only skilled but he has a GRANITE chin and his relentless pressure style could and would cause fits for anyone. He has also shown power at 160 and taking a shot from JCC Jr could even further solidify Golovkins steel chin.

A win over Chavez Jr and Golovkin would be making a huge statement. A in-shape Chavez jr could defeat anybody with the right training camp and IF Golovkin were to win, it would really tell us a lot.

Both men are warriors and I expect nothing but respect from both guys for each other outside of the ring and fireworks inside
                Jr is just big. Without that big ass head to absorb blows, he'd be laid out in 2.

Comment

Oh man...

I'm gettin tickets if this goes down. 2014 is shaping out to be another great one for the sport.

On another note I'd like to see Chavez Jr. trained by Robert Garcia.
                  Last edited by Kiddoe; 03-06-2014, 12:58 AM.

Comment

not a JCC fan in the slightest but I've said it before Chavez wins this fight. Hope this happens soon.

Comment

What a great fight. GGG tries to fight the best but the best don't want to fight him, Chavez is a high rated 168 pounder with an iron jaw and a heavy punch in both hands. None of the GGG haters should say he is picking an easy fight in Chavez. Chavez will probably out weigh him by almost 20 pounds on fight night. These guys both come to fight and seldom take a backward step.

Comment

Working...
                      X