Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin, Chavez Jr. camps target a July 12 fight at Forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An exciting fight i guess...but not one where the outcome is in doubt. Chavez isn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Are people really worried about JCC Jr. catching a life altering beating?

JCC Jr. is trading on his toughness but he is still young I hope he knows when to step away when he is used up but that is the cost of doing business that way and he is being compensated pretty well for boxing.
      Yes, being able to "take a punch" doesn't make **** all difference in taking brain damage. You think just because someone reacts differently than someone else to being hit, that their physiology magically makes them impervious to damage?

News flash, he does take damage just like everyone else.

Anyone that has been in the gym with both of them knows what a bad idea this is. Golovkins power is legitimately terrifying. The sound of his punches in the gym is something different than most fighters. I haven't heard anything like that since Valero was around.

Its not like other punchers. In terms of absolute punching power, there are a couple people that hit harder than him, but the scary thing about him is that EVERY since one of his punches makes a frightening sound, even when he is going light and putting together pity pat punches. Chavez will accumulate the kind of damage that Meldrick Taylor did against his dad. This fight should not be sanctioned.

Comment

I'm sure people will be wondering where GGG's head is at after his father's passing.

So prepare for that story-line. I can see the HBO montage already.

Comment

If its at the Forum, I'll probably go. I live a few minutes away. Last time I went there was to see The Power Rangers live tour.

I'll bring a sock and lotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Martinez got humiliated by "bum" lmao. Chavez battered and beat the crap out of Martinez as soon as he lets his hands go in that 12th round. Chavez Jr the official father of La Maravilla:

Chavez took advantage of Martinez trying to prove a point and punching himself out the round before throwing 108 punches in the round for absolutely no reason at all.

Comment

didnt Stevens fight like 2 months after experiencing the life changing beatdown with GGG?

Comment

It will be interesting to see GG have to fight going backwards. This might be fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  If its at the Forum, I'll probably go. I live a few minutes away. Last time I went there was to see The Poer Rangers live tour.

I'll bring a sock and lotion.
                  Make sure to take a plastic sheet.

Comment

I'd buy it.

Fantastic fight.

Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
                      didnt Stevens fight like 2 months after experiencing the life changing beatdown with GGG?
                      Sure. But he was shelled up on the back foot for most of the fight.

I would imagine that Jr. will be coming forward a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                      X