Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Khan Maidana go at it again....do you see Khan pulling it off again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan won the 1st fight. But since that time, Khan has regressed while Maidana had a career boost after losing to Alexander. I think Maidana is clearly the better fighter at this point in time.

Sure Khan looks good sparring with Angulo and berto wearing headgear. Take that $h!t off and I bet he goes to sleep.

Comment

• Khan - great tools and skills to succeed as an amateur, as he proved by winning an Olympic medal.

But at professional level he is (IMO) distinctly average.

He promotes himself well, and the UK press always hype him up massively but he will never be a contender at the top table - you need to be able to eat the big shots to do that.

Part of the problem lies in the fact that here in the UK any (and I mean any) Olympic success is viewed by the media as the starting point for a highly successful career as a professional.

Khan was young and naive when he achieved his success as an amateur, he actually believed (and still does) he is 'A' level fighter.

His last professional performance against Diaz (in the UK!) proved that point beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        Khan - great tools and skills to succeed as an amateur, as he proved by winning an Olympic medal.

But at professional level he is (IMO) distinctly average.

He promotes himself well, and the UK press always hype him up massively but he will never be a contender at the top table - you need to be able to eat the big shots to do that.

Part of the problem lies in the fact that here in the UK any (and I mean any) Olympic success is viewed by the media as the starting point for a highly successful career as a professional.

Khan was young and naive when he achieved his success as an amateur, he actually believed (and still does) he is 'A' level fighter.

His last professional performance against Diaz (in the UK!) proved that point beyond any shadow of a doubt.
        You could argue Shaun Porter lost to Julio Diaz (First fight) so why are people down-rating Diaz?

Porter beat Diaz after Khan beat him and he only fought him in a 10rd fight, what is the big difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
          You make a good last point but Maidana HAS fought at WW. Khan looks small to me and we have never seen him fight at WW this raises even more questions about how Khan will perform at a higher weight.
          I believe he was 23 or 24 when he fought Maidana the first time, and looked considerably bigger in the ring with him then. Compare that to the size he had acquired with age by the time he fought Judah - he looked like a welterweight in my opinion.

But he's long and lanky, not short and stocky like Maidana. I think he looks like a WW in the recent pictures we've seen of him and he definitely has the size with him.

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          khan has been trying to catchweight every welterweight worth fighting down to 141,142,143, 144 but uh ok.

i can easily see khan losing to karass and looking mediocre while doing so. lopez would probably mug him too.
          Have you got any proof of that or are you just basing it on the one fight he's had at 143 pounds?

With regards to the rest, I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ma51f View Post
            I think people ae forgetting 11 out of the 12 rounds and that Khan kocked down Maidanna...

Maidanna had that one great round but could not finish Khan..

Khan won that fight comfortably in the end.

Maidanna will be a much tougher fight next time round but i'd still expect Khan to win fairly comfortbly.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Have you got any proof of that or are you just basing it on the one fight he's had at 143 pounds?

With regards to the rest, I doubt it.
              josesito lopez at 143.
              b o x i n g n e w s24, no spaces http://www.************.com/2013/02/...osesito-lopez/

senchenko at 144.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-senc...dispute--61857

mosley at 145.
              same http://www.************.com/2012/01/...-alvarez-bout/

and of course julio diaz at 143.
              Last edited by John Barron; 03-07-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juof View Post
                Probably not but khan still does better than maidana vs mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by ma51f View Post
                  I think people ae forgetting 11 out of the 12 rounds and that Khan kocked down Maidanna...

Maidanna had that one great round but could not finish Khan..

Khan won that fight comfortably in the end.

Maidanna will be a much tougher fight next time round but i'd still expect Khan to win fairly comfortbly.
                  kocked him down? I think you're getting your boxing and your gay **** mixed up again. Khans weak chin won't last this time, Maidana KO inside of 7 rds

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    kocked him down? I think you're getting your boxing and your gay **** mixed up again. Khans weak chin won't last this time, Maidana KO inside of 7 rds
                    The same thing was said about Khan before there first fight and yet Khan proved you haters wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X