Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan: No Brook or Broner, will announce more 'creditable' opponent soon. Who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The match up i wanted for Khan for a while now seems to be coming to close to reality. That is Shawn Porter.

1) Real Welterweight
    2) IBF title

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      That's silly.
      Why so? If Broner wants to stay relevant, I think a move to 140 is absolutely the way to go.

Not sure who Khan is fighting, but not that confident in him against any top welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        Well the plan has always been either Maidana or down to 140. Thing is khan just fought at 144, that's a suitable weight for the fight. They should agree on a catch weight. Perfect situation for one honestly. Khan really doesn't have many options out there tho. So I'm confused as to his next step.
        Khan has been preparing to move to 147 - full stop.

I don't think it would make sense to have another catchweight fight. It's all bs anyway.

Either you're a 47 pounder or you aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Yes I do. They filled the Barclay's center, didn't they? It had that local angle to it. The Battle of Brooklyn.

Khan-Malignaggi was based on a lot of trash talk - and now people in the UK know that Malignaggi can't punch and was severely outclassed by Khan for every round, they wouldn't buy into it at all.

I really wouldn't have any clue how to sell that fight. Especially as they are kind of friendly with each other now.

GBP would 1000 x rather throw Porter to the wolves (not saying Khan is that), than Broner. Porter has no value in terms of marketability. He doesn't talk, look good, doesn't have an interesting style or nothing.
          Malignaggi is a pretty big deal at the Barclay's center. Factor in Khan, and Malignaggi this 'new King of New York' it's definitely sellable.

You think Khan and Malignaggi won't trash talk this time? Of course they would.

How are they going to sell Khan vs Alexander or Porter? No one knows who they are.

Comment

Broner/ Khan might happen. Broner is pretty headstrong. If he overrules his team and Gbp, they might allow it. That's a big if at this point tho.
            If both Broner & Khan say they won't to fight GBP or Showtime won't say no especially with there personalities it would make for a better co-feature; if they subscribing in Top Rank way of doing undercards than Broner vs Molina is perfect.

Comment

Well the plan has always been either Maidana or down to 140. Thing is khan just fought at 144, that's a suitable weight for the fight. They should agree on a catch weight. Perfect situation for one honestly. Khan really doesn't have many options out there tho. So I'm confused as to his next step.
              No issues with the catchweight but I don't see why not just 147?

It's not like they have to come in at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                If both Broner & Khan say they won't to fight GBP or Showtime won't say no especially with there personalities it would make for a better co-feature; if they subscribing in Top Rank way of doing undercards than Broner vs Molina is perfect.
                I dunno why ppl think that's a top rank undercard. Top rank undercards are much worse. Broner had never been featured on a Floyd ppv. Ppl will buy that, maybe not us hardcores but casuals? They like broner and they like Floyd, it will help the sales. Top rank rarely ever outs two high grossing/rating fighters on the same ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
                  Why so? If Broner wants to stay relevant, I think a move to 140 is absolutely the way to go.

Not sure who Khan is fighting, but not that confident in him against any top welterweight.
                  Oh I agree 140 is a good idea but Khan wants 147 so I don't think 144 makes sense for this fight.

If Broner beats Khan or even if he loses I think 140 should be the next step.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    The match up i wanted for Khan for a while now seems to be coming to close to reality. That is Shawn Porter.

1) Real Welterweight
                    2) IBF title
                    That's what I want aswell but it's not happening.

As of April 20th, the IBF will order the mandatory, which is Brook.

Comment

I dunno why ppl think that's a top rank undercard. Top rank undercards are much worse. Broner had never been featured on a Floyd ppv. Ppl will buy that, maybe not us hardcores but casuals? They like broner and they like Floyd, it will help the sales. Top rank rarely ever outs two high grossing/rating fighters on the same ppv.
                      I'm going to the fight to see Floyd; but the a great undercard makes that purchase better. Broner vs Molina is a blah match-up they can put on regular Showtime. If he wants to fight @140 let him take Lamont Peterson otherwise he will be doing what they accused him of at 130 and 135 fighting the little guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X