No announcement yet.

Peterson gives Mayweather the toughest fight @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Average power, average handspeed, average footwork, never fought at 147, lost to Bradley, lost every time he's fought B+ opposition.

How is he giving Floyd problems again?
    I don't even think about the Lucas fight.

I think of the others like Ortiz and Bradley fight.

Then I think about his stupid grunting.

Then I want to see him get ktfo.

Comment

heres who i think can give floyd some problems in a couple years

timmy bradley

eris lara

adrien broner

Comment

I may be the only one here but I think Lamont could had continued in the Matthyse fight. He always get knocked down early in fights before he warms up, he was getting back up when Smoger waved it. Peterson have that inner resolve that I only saw matched by Bradley, if Smoger let that Matt fight continue Matt would had been more exposed than Garcia fight. Lamont has a mentality where he doesn't regret but continues an know what he could had done (which when ask how he felt after the Matthyse fight, he said nothing he shrugged it off in 24 hours) Matthyse a great fighter though and I'm glad I was able to see the Garcia fight.

Bradley will give Floyd problems it's going to be a great ugly fight if it happens as well as the peterson fight. If no one watch that Jean Peterson fight then you need to update your knowledge of Peterson, he's a slow starter but when he on he on.
        Last edited by Shambrolic; 03-01-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Average power, average handspeed, average footwork, never fought at 147, lost to Bradley, lost every time he's fought B+ opposition.

How is he giving Floyd problems again?
          Pretty much what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
            I've talked about this for years now, but stylistically the toughest opponent out there is Lamont Peterson.

Styles make fights! he has the boxing skills, speed and length to match up with Floyd. I didn't say BEAT HIM, but I'd say he'd give him a hell of a fight.

Danny Garcia has zero shot and would get stopped. Mid range hooker with no jab would get picked apart like target practice. 100% stoppage.

Maidana will get stopped in under 10 by Floyd I'm pretty confident in this.

Bradley has zero shot as well. No power in his punches. Very weak jab anyone who thinks he can box is fooling themselves if he plans to box floyd he will 100% get stopped. Only shot Bradley has is making it a rough fight and he has zero punching power Floyd would pick the **** out of him.

Amir Khan and Devon Alexander...just stop these guys have zero shot. I mean ZERO. Max rounds won will be 2. First or second round.
            Was actually taking you serious till I read this! Im a fan of Floyds but you think a guy who, other than Ortiz, hasn't stopped a guy since Ricky Hatton nearly 7 years ago, stops Maidana, Bradley and Danny!? You my friend are ******ed!!

Yeah right, you right off Bradley then say that Lamont troubles him!? I like Peterson but I mean come on, Lamont couldn't give Tim a difficult fight and u think he gives Floyd difficulty!?

You've "talked about this for years"!? Lemme guess, ever since the rumours of them sparring came out! I suppose you're one of the guys that say Spadafora trouble Mayweather as well!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              I've talked about this for years now, but stylistically the toughest opponent out there is Lamont Peterson.

Styles make fights! he has the boxing skills, speed and length to match up with Floyd. I didn't say BEAT HIM, but I'd say he'd give him a hell of a fight.

Danny Garcia has zero shot and would get stopped. Mid range hooker with no jab would get picked apart like target practice. 100% stoppage.

Maidana will get stopped in under 10 by Floyd I'm pretty confident in this.

Bradley has zero shot as well. No power in his punches. Very weak jab anyone who thinks he can box is fooling themselves if he plans to box floyd he will 100% get stopped. Only shot Bradley has is making it a rough fight and he has zero punching power Floyd would pick the **** out of him.

Amir Khan and Devon Alexander...just stop these guys have zero shot. I mean ZERO. Max rounds won will be 2. First or second round.
              Who was the last time Floyd fought anyone with this

Speed + stamina and knows how to box?
              Closes one was Judah but the dude does not have stamina

So my pic is Amir King Kong

Comment

Mayweather is a better inside fighter than Pete.

The toughest fights are Bradley and Lara.

Comment

Styles alone don't make fights. The fighter and his style are both important. Bradley beat Peterson by a mile and Matthysse knocked him out quickly and easily. Peterson is not in Mayweather's class and you might be the only guy on Boxing Scene that thinks he is.

Comment

Peterson's lack of momentum ensures he won't ever get a Floyd fight

Comment

Probably in the gym not in a competitive ring fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X