Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a specific fighter who got you interested in boxing initially?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to sit and watch SRL, Duran, Hearns , Hagler, and maybe more with my Lolo (grandfather) and uncles. Didn't understand too much, but great times with family.

First boxer that I followed was Iron Mike!

Comment

Roy jones and Oscar.

Comment

Gatti & Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          For me, it's clearly Mike Tyson. The first fight I remember watching live is in fact Tyson - Bruno in 1989. Which fighter got you hooked on boxing, if any in particular?
          Tyson for sure. Still probably the most exciting boxer of all time. Personification of badass, anger and aggression, a true example of PPV star.

Comment

For me it was a bunch of fighters that got me hooked. I'll start with Terry Norris,Gerald McClellan,Ceaser Chavez,Pernell Whitaker,Roy Jones Jr, Tito Trinidad, and Oscar De Hoya.

Comment

When I was a little kid, rocky 1,2,3

Then guys with badass nicknames like
              Marvelous
              Sugar
              Hitman
              Hands of stone
              Iron
              Real deal

Got me hooked for life

Comment

Ruiz Valuev trilogy got a lot of people into boxing

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Tyson for sure. Still probably the most exciting boxer of all time. Personification of badass, anger and aggression, a true example of PPV star.
                  Mhmm. Numbers obviously don't exist for this, but it wouldn't be a surprising stat if he's the one fighter who made most new fans of the sport (and often for the wrong reasons), historically speaking. Everybody knew the name Mike Tyson in the 90's, also people not interested in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by AVDB View Post
                    Pacquiao. I'm a newbie. I really got into boxing after I saw him in his 24/7 with Cotto
                    This is the same time i started getting into boxing. I made a bet with my friend at work that pacquaio would win knowing very little and was hooked ever since.

Comment

My dad is a big boxing fan but what really got me into boxing was the mayweather de la Hoya fight and then marcos maidana Ortiz had me hooked for good

Comment

Working...
                      X