Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a specific fighter who got you interested in boxing initially?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    For me, it's clearly Mike Tyson. The first fight I remember watching live is in fact Tyson - Bruno in 1989. Which fighter got you hooked on boxing, if any in particular?
    For me, it's Muhammad Ali, I grew up with him and he never failed to amaze. Fights with Frazier, Foreman and Norton defined an era and one of his greatest wins came at the tail end of his career when he managed to outfox Shavers, the chin wrecking bulldozer of the 70s.

Comment

Muhammad Ali, Pipino Cueavas, Alexis Arguello , Roberto Duran Rafel Bazoka Limon, Ernie Chavers, Larry Holmes , Tommy Hearns were my favorite boxers of all time and kept me hooked on the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        For me, it's clearly Mike Tyson. The first fight I remember watching live is in fact Tyson - Bruno in 1989. Which fighter got you hooked on boxing, if any in particular?
        My earliest memory of boxing was Steve Collins vs Benn, I was 5 years old in 96' and that fight was huge in Ireland! I remember my Dad and brother watching the fight in the local pub, place was literally packed and the atmosphere was electric!

Comment

Comment

I never really loved boxing until I saw carlos molina fight. Truly was a spectacle and I dropped my drink in awe of what was unfolding before my very eyes.

I was officially hooked on boxing when I saw miguel vazquez fight. That's when I fell in love with the sweet science.

Comment

My dad. 5-3 3 KO

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                My dad. 5-3 3 KO

call Al Haymon...your pops could very well be Gary Russel's next opponent

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  green k sent, he for sure should. he could probably be on the 4th fight to floyds next ppv

Comment

I'd like to thank Julian Jackson and Terry Norris for introducing to this sport. All the little fights on nbc back in the day. Trinidad vs blocker, Camacho Jr, Duran, Chavez Sr, Michael carbajal the Barcelona Olympic boxing team, Roy Jones, finito Lopez and everyone I might have forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      Ha! Ive told him that joke before and of course everytime someone needs an opponent he says hes ready to get back in

Comment

Working...
                      X