No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana: Mayweather is Not Broner, But I'll Wear Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    If I'm not wrong, Robert Garcia trained Maidana since the Alexander fight...

Garcia gradually improved Maidana's footwork and tightened his defense over the course of the fighter's knockouts in the eighth round over Jesus Soto Karass, the third against Angel Martinez and the sixth opposite Josesito Lopez.

Garcia, surely, thinks that the right style to beat a great defensive fighter is by just constantly keeping up the pressure and throwing punches and not giving him the respect and no chance at all to breathe.

Garcia thinks that's how Roberto Duran beat Sugar Ray Leonard the first time, and Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. was eventually able to beat Meldrick Taylor .

Though, Maidana is no Duran or Chavez Sr. as we speak...
    What did he tell Rios to do against Manny Pacquiao? Whatever it was it didn't work because their skill levels are too far apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
      You can dream..
      Jjaaaaajajaa! Right, because good boxers never lose. Listen, dont get this the wrong way, but if Floyd never loses its not because he's some god among men as his nut huggers believe, but because he knows what fighters to stay away from, as he claimed himslef many times. Age catches up with everyone. No matter how good you are eventually you do get "too old for this sht" and a less talented but younger and stronger fighter sits you on your ass. That's just life and it happened to all the great ones, and by that I mean truly great boxers that didnt cherry pick their way through boxing.

Comment

• Floyd is obsessed with Money, and he wont be able to turn down another payday - he will cherrypick again, and this time, father time will catch up and he will get clipped. I dont think Maidana will win - the only way Maidana wins is if the fight is scheduled for 3 rounds - lol. Floyd will fight Khan in the future, and Khan will hand him his first defeat - trust me, I have foreseen it. THen when he loses, he would wish he wouldve fought Khan instead of Maidana.

Comment

• Originally posted by laudium View Post
          Floyd is obsessed with Money, and he wont be able to turn down another payday - he will cherrypick again, and this time, father time will catch up and he will get clipped. I dont think Maidana will win - the only way Maidana wins is if the fight is scheduled for 3 rounds - lol. Floyd will fight Khan in the future, and Khan will hand him his first defeat - trust me, I have foreseen it. THen when he loses, he would wish he wouldve fought Khan instead of Maidana.
          Huh? Doesnt make sense

Comment

• I was being sarcastic, saying "if the fight is scheduled for 3 rounds" Meaning, Maidana will look good in the first 3, but then Floyd turns the tide and controls the remainder of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
              You can dream..
              No I dont... But all got clipped eventually...

Comment

• This gon get ugly quick for Maidana. Hes in line for a brutal ass whooping.

Comment

Working...
                X