Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got done watching Mayweather-Cotto.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got done watching Mayweather-Cotto.....

and i realized that floyd sr. wouldn't have allowed that fight to be that close. floyd won 9-3 or 8-4 depending who you ask but i have no doubt in my mind that floyd would've fought like he did in round 12 for at least 8-10 rounds if floyd sr. was the trainer......i think there would've been a stoppage tbh.

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
    and i realized that floyd sr. wouldn't have allowed that fight to be that close. floyd won 9-3 or 8-4 depending who you ask but i have no doubt in my mind that floyd would've fought like he did in round 12 for at least 8-10 rounds if floyd sr. was the trainer......i think there would've been a stoppage tbh.
    Still under the impression that Floyd fought Cotto like that "for the fans" are we?

Comment

I believe that Mayweather fell in love with his ability to "Walk people down" and "Stand toe to toe" like he did with Mosley and then Ortiz that he kind of mis judged his own strength.

After the Mosley fight a lot of people were talking about how Mayweather was the much stronger of the two etc

To me, Mayweather really isn't that strong. He's underrated in that area but he's not a strong fighter that's going to bully other fighters.

He tried to same programme with Cotto and got a rude awakening when Cotto was clearly the much stronger of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by TedMosby0311 View Post
        Still under the impression that Floyd fought Cotto like that "for the fans" are we?

you mean to tell me that floyd(who was standing his ground and trading with cotto for the majority of the fight) wouldn't have been able to fight like he did in the 12 round for at least 8 rounds? get real.....senior wouldn't have EVER let that stuff happen.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I believe that Mayweather fell in love with his ability to "Walk people down" and "Stand toe to toe" like he did with Mosley and then Ortiz that he kind of mis judged his own strength.

After the Mosley fight a lot of people were talking about how Mayweather was the much stronger of the two etc

To me, Mayweather really isn't that strong. He's underrated in that area but he's not a strong fighter that's going to bully other fighters.

He tried to same programme with Cotto and got a rude awakening when Cotto was clearly the much stronger of the two.
          agreed......cotto is clearly the bigger and stronger fighter....and it showed whenever they fought on the inside.

Comment

you mean to tell me that floyd(who was standing his ground and trading with cotto for the majority of the fight) wouldn't have been able to fight like he did in the 12 round for at least 8 rounds? get real.....senior wouldn't have EVER let that stuff happen.
            Or maybe because Cotto is a veteran who forced Floyd to fight his fight for a majority of the rounds?

Floyd is always safety first. Don't kid yourself to think he did it "for the fans"

Comment

agreed......cotto is clearly the bigger and stronger fighter....and it showed whenever they fought on the inside.
              Didn't The Reed just dismiss this theory that Cotto is bigger than Floyd in another thread?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Totally agree with people in this thread. Floyd changed his style against Ortiz, Mosley and Cotto and tried to walk them down and trade more. I think in a certain way he wanted to please the fan. Everybody said he would not fight Mosley and after he signed the fight everybody said he would not trade with him, he wanted to prove a point. Or maybe he wanted to see if he could fight like the way he was fighting at the lower weight.

I think that when he saw that it didnt bring him more respect (people were basically saying that he lost his legs) he just reverted to his defensive style with his father, which might be boring to some but way more effective against bigger guys.

Comment

Floyd fought in the pocket all night. That's the only reason Cotto had some success. After that Floyd changed trainers and started using more movement against The Ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by TedMosby0311 View Post
                    Didn't The Reed just dismiss this theory that Cotto is bigger than Floyd in another thread?
                    who is "the reed"? and no one in their right mind believes that floyd is naturally bigger cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X