Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have the two top undefeated BLACK fighters ducked Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Khan didn't fight Devon because he was offered the Mayweather fight. He wasn't to know that Mayweather wouldn't go through with it.

Prescott kept losing and living off that one moment of glory.

It's ok. Now we get to watch Mayweather against a slow brawler. You know, just to change things up a bit.
      and Bradley was offered the Pacquiao fight...kinda ironic

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
        I mean, I need to know.
        It's simple, they figured they will let the b level fighters beat him up.

Comment

Comment

Comment

He didn't know when. Khan literally knew the date. As did everyone else. May 3rd. Bradley knew that signing with TR could eventually get him Pacquaio - nothing more. We know several fighters were offered it before him. Also lets not act like Devon Alexander fight was as big for Khan as the Khan fight was for Bradley.
              Alexander had a belt and beating him he would had been a legit contender to fight Floyd. It was not as big as a unification against Tim but it was sure an important fight that would had cleared a lot of things up

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                Which deal is better??So called 2mill and no other fights??Or a 3 fight deal,with your per fight pay being over a mill??
                No fights? If Bradley beat Khan, he'd be one of the hottest properties in the sport. He probably would have gotten more money to face Pacquaio. Apparently he should have gotten 10m for the rematch but he ended up with 6....lol

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Dirk, just because the information isn't public doesn't mean those involved didn't know the date. If Khan loses to Devon, he would be out of the floyd fight. thats no different than Tim.

As I posted earlier, there is no way Tim's manager at the time (Dunkin I believe) lets him sign with TR without the promise of a manny fight. You know this. So lets not pretend he was stunad (in the dark) just for argument NSB purposes.

I don't know what Khan would've got for the Devon fight. I don't know what Tim would've got for Khan.
                Stop playing dumb. You do remember the likes of Cotto being offered and turning the fight before Bradley, right? So Bradley didn't know ****.

I didn't say he wasn't promised the Manny fight. I said he didn't know when it was going to happen. So in the interim, he could have faced Khan.

Khan was specifically told not to take the Alexander fight because he would be getting Mayweather on May 3rd. Once again, Khan doesn't fight in September so May is his only chance to face Floyd.

Bradley would have gotten 2m + for Khan. It was a PPV fight in the UK of which he'd receive 50%. His highest purse by a long way. He fought Casamayor instead for half the money. Khan was not getting that deal against Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                  I mean, I need to know.
                  What does race have to do with it?

How about he needs to reach out to black fighter Bradley Prescott. That name still haunts him.

Comment

No fights? If Bradley beat Khan, he'd be one of the hottest properties in the sport. He probably would have gotten more money to face Pacquaio. Apparently he should have gotten 10m for the rematch but he ended up with 6....lol

Stop playing dumb. You do remember the likes of Cotto being offered and turning the fight before Bradley, right? So Bradley didn't know ****.

I didn't say he wasn't promised the Manny fight. I said he didn't know when it was going to happen. So in the interim, he could have faced Khan.

Khan was specifically told not to take the Alexander fight because he would be getting Mayweather on May 3rd. Once again, Khan doesn't fight in September so May is his only chance to face Floyd.

Bradley would have gotten 2m + for Khan. It was a PPV fight in the UK of which he'd receive 50%. His highest purse by a long way. He fought Casamayor instead for half the money. Khan was not getting that deal against Alexander.
                    Dirk, the point about cotto is correct but in no way proves or supports your point that Tim didn't know. You have no idea if he knew or not but are arguing he didn't just to make what Tim did worse than what Khan did.

Comment

Seriously talking, Bradley and Devon Alexander officially ducked Khan !

Comment

Working...
                      X