Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have the two top undefeated BLACK fighters ducked Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    OK on immediate rematch. See what I said to Laced up.

Come on dirk, Tim knew when he was getting th Manny fight, NO way his management allows him to sign with TR otherwise. there is no difference in what the 2 did IMO.
    He didn't know when. Khan literally knew the date. As did everyone else. May 3rd. Bradley knew that signing with TR could eventually get him Pacquaio - nothing more. We know several fighters were offered it before him. Also lets not act like Devon Alexander fight was as big for Khan as the Khan fight was for Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      He didn't know when. Khan literally knew the date. As did everyone else. May 3rd. Bradley knew that signing with TR could eventually get him Pacquaio - nothing more. We know several fighters were offered it before him. Also lets not act like Devon Alexander fight was as big for Khan as the Khan fight was for Bradley.
      Doesn't matter. Khan did the same thing he criticized Tim for doing.

Comment

Doesn't matter. Khan did the same thing he criticized Tim for doing.
        Your lack of response to the points I raised is telling.

Comment

Nobody ducked Khan. He is as unscary as they come these days. Bradley turned down a Khan fight for a much bigger, higher paying fight with Pacquiao who is 100 times better than Khan. That's not ducking. Mayweather is fighting Khan in less than two months so that's not ducking. If Mayweather fights Maidana instead it's still not ducking Khan. Floyd is the world welterweight champ and as champion he is only ducking if he refuses to fight the highest ranked contender. Khan is totally unranked at 147 so it is impossible for Mayweather to duck Khan when he should not be defending his title against an unranked Khan. Why has Khan refused to try to avenge his humiliating defeat by Prescott after all these years ? Prescott will fight Khan anywhere at any time for even a very small amount of money but Khan continues to duck Prescott.

Comment

Your lack of response to the points I raised is telling.
            You are trying to create the thinnest of wiggle room to differentiate similar actions.

Like Khan knowing the date. Of course he knew, the MGM gave floyd the date in october. You have no idea if Tim knew a date or not. all you know is it wasn't public knowledge.

As for your opinion on which fight is bigger-thats self serving and in no way makes what Khan did any different than what tim did.

Comment

LMAO,Bradley going to TR for a shot at Pac(which he got)was bigger and better then anything Khan could have offered or did offer..

2mill(Which Bradley and his manger disputed as being a real number),compared to a totally of 7mill in some change is not nearly the better deal..Before you ask the dumb question,Bradley signed on for a 3 fight deal in which he made over 7mill..TR was a better deal..

It's also the reason Khan Alexander was not the same situation as Khan Bradley..

Comment

You are trying to create the thinnest of wiggle room to differentiate similar actions.

Like Khan knowing the date. Of course he knew, the MGM gave floyd the date in october. You have no idea if Tim knew a date or not. all you know is it wasn't public knowledge.

As for your opinion on which fight is bigger-thats self serving and in no way makes what Khan did any different than what tim did.
                How could Bradley have known a date over a year in advance? LOL....he wasn't even first choice. Khan knew the date he was to fight Mayweather so taking a fight in between and getting an injury/cut etc would jeopardise that. Bradley wouldn't have jeopardised a Pacquaio fight by taking the Khan fight. Unless he knew he was going to get beat....which he did.

Khan-Bradley was a huge unification fight when both guys were at their peaks and Bradley was offered his highest purse - 50% of the UK revenue as well. What was Khan getting to fight Alexander?

Comment

I agree with you about the overall point your making..Not to mention Bradley was in a legal battle and in no way could let it be known what he did and did not know..The moron knows this,but is kindly glancing over it..

I do however disagree that Tim and Khan was in the same situation..Khan was signed to GBP and seemingly happy,while Bradley was going threw a lot of drama with his promoter and was not happy..Not to mention Bradley was offered a better more lucrative deal from an outside promoter..While Khan was and is signed to GBP and could have made the fight with Alexander far more easy..Not to mention he should have known he would not get the Mayweather fight..

If I'm Khan,no way I believe I'm getting a shot at Mayweather(esp when I have done nothing in 2 yrs)unless I hear it from the mans own mouth..

Comment

How could Bradley have known a date over a year in advance? LOL....he wasn't even first choice. Khan knew the date he was to fight Mayweather so taking a fight in between and getting an injury/cut etc would jeopardise that. Bradley wouldn't have jeopardised a Pacquaio fight by taking the Khan fight. Unless he knew he was going to get beat....which he did.

Khan-Bradley was a huge unification fight when both guys were at their peaks and Bradley was offered his highest purse - 50% of the UK revenue as well. What was Khan getting to fight Alexander?
                    Which deal is better??So called 2mill and no other fights??Or a 3 fight deal,with your per fight pay being over a mill??

Comment

Dirk, just because the information isn't public doesn't mean those involved didn't know the date. If Khan loses to Devon, he would be out of the floyd fight. thats no different than Tim.

As I posted earlier, there is no way Tim's manager at the time (Dunkin I believe) lets him sign with TR without the promise of a manny fight. You know this. So lets not pretend he was stunad (in the dark) just for argument NSB purposes.

I don't know what Khan would've got for the Devon fight. I don't know what Tim would've got for Khan.

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      I agree with you about the overall point your making..Not to mention Bradley was in a legal battle and in no way could let it be known what he did and did not know..The moron knows this,but is kindly glancing over it..

I do however disagree that Tim and Khan was in the same situation..Khan was signed to GBP and seemingly happy,while Bradley was going threw a lot of drama with his promoter and was not happy..Not to mention Bradley was offered a better more lucrative deal from an outside promoter..While Khan was and is signed to GBP and could have made the fight with Alexander far more easy..Not to mention he should have known he would not get the Mayweather fight..

If I'm Khan,no way I believe I'm getting a shot at Mayweather(esp when I have done nothing in 2 yrs)unless I hear it from the mans own mouth..
                      Obviously, no 2 situations are exactly the same. I think Khan got the contract and signed it thinking I am getting a floyd fight. I can understand why he would opt out of the Devon fight, but in doing so he did the same thing he killed Tim for.

Tim played Khan, khan played Devon.

Comment

Working...
                      X