No announcement yet.

Is Mickey Garcia out pricing himself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    He don't want none, he will make a bag of excuses and go fight more flat footed bums who can't box a lick.

He knows his limitations.
    Dan, I disagree, I think Garcia will have to accept a better fight. HBO won't keep paying for fights vs easy competition. They didn't pick up GGGs last mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
      That is no clear,that's why I am waiting for Michelle to elaborate more. There is now way in hell Gamboa is getting more come on is common sense, there's absolutely no chance of that happening
      If you think Gamboa is not earning more then why waste everyone's time posting gossip as the tweet specifically states Gamboa is offered more.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
        Wanting more =/= pricing himself out, especially with the limited info provided.

Bad logic imo.
        No doubt. Your equation speaks sense, the posters however...

Comment

Mikey Garcia has definitely let off some signs that he either doesn't want to take on the hardest challenges, or doesn't want to take on the hardest challenges unless he is paid more then what he is worth.

Definitely some Diva signs in there. A lot of arrogance in his interviews.

I like him, but if he goes down that path I hope he gets sparked out and brought down to reality.

Comment

Funny how everyone is taking this info like it's God's word. The source isn't even reliable. That twitter account is pure gossip. What does she have to do with the negotiations? Just a fake boxing insider looking for attention.

Comment

And since when is Gamboa so popular? Us hardcore fans know who he is, but casuals don't know who he is. Mikey isn't that popular either, but he's definitely more of a draw than Gamboa. Gamboa was never a ratings draw on HBO, but commanded fairly expensive purses, which is why I think he was so inactive, even before he skipped out on the Rios fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                This is a good fight but only to the hard core fans. But I do think Mikey needs to get his money. He has proven a lot more than Gamboa. Garcia fought 3 legitimate threats , Juan Ma, Salido, Rocky, in 2013 and 3 fights in 2012 and 1 in 2014. Gamboa on the other hand is going the Joan Guzman route...1 fight in 2013 and 1 in 2012... None 2014.. C'mon. Plus Mikey is the champ.

Honestly I think Gamboa is lucky Garcia is even entertaining fighting him.50 cent has taken Gamboa out of the game.
                If they fight at 135 like they say, Mickey is not the champ

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                  If they fight at 135 like they say, Mickey is not the champ
                  Neither is Gamboa. Nobody cares about an interim belt.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                    This is a good fight but only to the hard core fans. But I do think Mikey needs to get his money. He has proven a lot more than Gamboa. Garcia fought 3 legitimate threats , Juan Ma, Salido, Rocky, in 2013 and 3 fights in 2012 and 1 in 2014. Gamboa on the other hand is going the Joan Guzman route...1 fight in 2013 and 1 in 2012... None 2014.. C'mon. Plus Mikey is the champ.

Honestly I think Gamboa is lucky Garcia is even entertaining fighting him.50 cent has taken Gamboa out of the game.
                    Juanma looked 50 lol he's not a threat

Comment

The fight would happen and both fighters will end up getting whatever their market value is, no need to bait anyone into thinking one fighter wants it and the other doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X