Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last time Floyd faced 1 punch KO power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    Yes, Mosley was certainly a monster at lightweight. Speed, KO power, and natural fighting ability.

Mosley was knocking out guys stiff... but that was at lightweight.

I believe Maidana also KO's those same guys, in his own way.

Mosley has his way of KOing guys, and Maidana has his way also. They both achieve a KO.

Now just imagine if Maidana had Mosley's speed/fast-twitch muscle fibers?

Maidana would be banned by all boxing commissions.
    you can say that about anyone. Everyone has their different strengths.

and your point about Shane at LW is the same point I make about Canelo. P4P Maidana is clearly a harder puncher but Canelo is at 154 and comes in 173 on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston_southpaw View Post
      To answer your question, Victor Ortiz.
      Thank you!

Comment

I remember macklin after the ggg fight saying how there are different types of power, where martinez had 'snap' and ggg had 'clubbing-type' power, but he said both were equally powerful.

So yeah different powers and ways to a ko totally.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Maidana doesn't have one punch knock out power. The last time Mayweather faced one was DLH
          Yori Boy Campas and other pro boxers have said that Oscar De La Hoya's right hand is a non-factor.

Campas made fun of DLH's right hand before and during their fight.

On the other hand, Oscar's left hand was very powerful but still a level below Felix Trinidad's left hook or Julian Jackson's right hand, in terms of power.

Larry Merchant said,

"De La Hoya is a triples hitter, not a home run hitter."

I think that's a good way of putting it.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
            Yori Boy Campas and other pro boxers have said that Oscar De La Hoya's right hand is a non-factor.

Campas made fun of DLH's right hand before and during their fight.

On the other hand, Oscar's left hand was very powerful but still a level below Felix Trinidad's left hook or Julian Jackson's right hand, in terms of power.

Larry Merchant said,

"De La Hoya is a triples hitter, not a home run hitter."

I think that's a good way of putting it.
            You think I'm referring to his right hand when it pertains to his one punch knock out power?

You serious?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              you can say that about anyone. Everyone has their different strengths.

and your point about Shane at LW is the same point I make about Canelo. P4P Maidana is clearly a harder puncher but Canelo is at 154 and comes in 173 on fight night.
              It's a stupid argument because I can easily say Corley, Morales don't go the distance. Mosley, Cotto, Canelo, Oscar and arguably Ortiz all hit harder, Maidana doesn't bring anything Mayweather hasn't seen.

Comment

Maidana has more power then anyone Floyd has faced.

Maidana will bring that power right to Mayeather grill. Will he land it? Who knows, but Mayweather will feel it. I want to see Mayweather squirm and run in fear even if he wins all 12 rds, I promise at some point in the fight he will literally run like the ***** he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                  Maidana has more power then anyone Floyd has faced.
                  Agreed

Comment

Maidana has also improved his form and balance with Garcia. Khan would have went to sleep with this veresion.

Still though, Maidanas greatest asset his throwing punches at awkward angles and inopportune times.

The reason he can land clean on some guys and not put them to sleep is because a lot of the time he is throwing from off balance and arm punches in order to land and time his shots. It makes up for his speed deficiency, but obviously not the same power behind some of those, and he still hurts people with them.

You look at how people react to his straight right when his feet are under him and that tells yu everything. Ortiz dropped like a bag of rocks, Lopez was mentally stunned and in disbelief, and Karass went through the ropes.

Canelo has **** power. Literally his only claim to power is a shot to **** Baldomir. He hasn't been able to hurt a lot of smaller weight guys. Mosley never carried his power up to WW, and nothing has shown us Ortiz did either. Maidana has shown his power carried up.

Comment

Dind cotto just ko a guy with one punch?

didnt canelo ko baldo with 1 punch?

didnt shane ko mayorga with one punch?

Comment

Working...
                      X