Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz training with Joel Diaz now and helping Bradley spar for Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't change anything his last fight. I thought he would be smart to get se rounds in before trying to go for the kill. Just the fact that Collazo made Ortiz miss more than he did against Mayweather shows u that ring rust was a factor. He couldn't measure the distance.

Comment

good for him.. who the fuk was he even working with for his last fight

Comment

The problem with Ortiz doesn't seem to be physical. I don't know the kid, so I can't say for sure what's going on but I just don't think he has it in him anymore.

Joel Diaz is another tough trainer just like Robert Garcia and that's the main reason Ortiz left in the first place. I don't know if he will be able to handle that style of trainer once again, or it might just be what he needs.

We will find out, I'm rooting for him.

Comment

Not a big fan of Vic, but it's good to see him back in the gym so soon. Kinda surprising. Joel and Tim are gonna give him that work. I think this could be a good move for him if he sticks with it...

Comment

Ortiz could be a nice sparring partner to earn some cash. but why is he on the mitts, whats the point. he'll go into his next fight claiming he's finally ready for a comeback, get hit a few times, go down and crawl around on the floor until the ref counts to 10

Comment

joel diaz is solid, good pick by ortiz if hes still gonna continue fighting

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post

As a big Ortiz fan I'd rather see him retire. If he goes this rout he needs to fight nothing but bums until the next year.
                No doubt about that. He needs at least 3 tune-up wins in a row before even thinking about fighting a semi-legitimate contender. Possibly after 6 wins in a row he can get a title shot. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post

As a big Ortiz fan I'd rather see him retire. If he goes this rout he needs to fight nothing but bums until the next year.
                  Joel diaz is one underrated trainer! Maybe he can help ortiz improve his defense and bring his fighting spirit back

Comment

once a quitter always a quitter...

a shame cause for me is one of that fighters that you must watch always

Comment

As a sparring partner, not bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X