No announcement yet.

Fury's dirty tactics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury's dirty tactics

So, we had it again the other night; Tyson Fury using some proper roughhouse tactics vs an opponent - this time Joey Abell.

Fury even admitted in a post fight interview that he deliberately punched Abell below the belt line, as 'hard as he could', on the break right in front of the referee.

Later in the fight, in the 4th round, Fury punched Abell twice when the latter was on the canvas going down.

I also feel that the ref possibly stopped the fight prematurely, as Abell is clearly a warrior and was intending to fight on after being knocked down 4 times. Fury was in other words favored by the ref.

What do you think? Should Fury have been penalized for fighting dirty?

Fury will come unstuck the next time he gets caught being dirty; he can't expect to admit these kind of tactics without being more scrutinised.

Comment

It was some of the weakest refereeing that I've ever seen. The deliberate low blow should have led to a points deduction. As for the shot when Abell was on his knees, I put this down to Fury being in the heat of the moment. The ref should have put himself in the way to stop that shot.

I've seen plenty of comment's stating that Fury wouldn't have fought Wlad like he'd have fought Abell, what with all the clowning etc. but in my opinion, he probably would. I have no doubt that he'd go into that fight thinking Wlad is robotic, slow and useless and then be on the end of a Steelhammer right. The man just doesn't have the mindset for the highest level.

He needs to take a lesson out of Hughie's book, who seems a model pro with a fantastic attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
        It was some of the weakest refereeing that I've ever seen. The deliberate low blow should have led to a points deduction. As for the shot when Abell was on his knees, I put this down to Fury being in the heat of the moment. The ref should have put himself in the way to stop that shot.

I've seen plenty of comment's stating that Fury wouldn't have fought Wlad like he'd have fought Abell, what with all the clowning etc. but in my opinion, he probably would. I have no doubt that he'd go into that fight thinking Wlad is robotic, slow and useless and then be on the end of a Steelhammer right. The man just doesn't have the mindset for the highest level.

He needs to take a lesson out of Hughie's book, who seems a model pro with a fantastic attitude.
        I agree on the large to what you say here, although I think Fury might be trolling a lot of the time, and that he deep down respects Wladimir and has the brains to acknowledge that Wladimir probably beats him soundly.

I'd like him to keep clowning though, it's quite amusing.

Comment

That ref was a dumbass just goes to show fighters are favoured by refs. Fury should of had a point taken for the low blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            I agree on the large to what you say here, although I think Fury might be trolling a lot of the time, and that he deep down respects Wladimir and has the brains to acknowledge that Wladimir probably beats him soundly.

I'd like him to keep clowning though, it's quite amusing.
            why would he respect a guy who says alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs in the world while at the same time he makes commercials endorsing alcohol. also inside the ring why would he respect someone who clearly stole their entire style from holdy akwindade?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              why would he respect a guy who says alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs in the world while at the same time he makes commercials endorsing alcohol. also inside the ring why would he respect someone who clearly stole their entire style from holdy akwindade?
              You're not even good at trolling.

Comment

It was a dirty fight. Abell threw in a pretty deliberate headbutt before Fury's low blow which could have been a points deduction but wasnt. In both cases a hard warning was given, and i think the ref was right.

On the stoppage, Abell clearly didnt want to go on. The ref took his time looked right into his eyes and saw a fighter who wasnt interested in fighting anymore. Good stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  You're not even good at trolling.
                  everything i said was true. why do you respect someone who said alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs in the world while making commercials endorsing alcohol? in the real world these people are known as either liars, hypocrites, or sellouts. none of these things are good.

in terms of his style he holds more than anyone in boxing. holdy akwindade was dq'd for much less holding against lewis but when wlad does it he's a dominating great fighter? shows you how much boxing politics come into play. why do you respect entitled people who manipulate the system to their advantage? i can't think of anything good that this guy has ever done except turn blue after brewster smashed him into the canvas multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    I suspect the comment was meant to refer to Fury respecting Wlad as a fighter, unless perhaps you think Tyson Fury spends his time critiquing Wlads (alleged) moral hypocrisy?

Indeed. I'm sure at this moment Tyson is in furious debate with himself over whether he should accept the purse from any potential Klitschko fight, or whether the morally correct thing to do would be donating it to alcoholic support charities, especially in the light of his own predispositions.

Comment

Working...
                    X