Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios on Gamboa: Garcia Stops That Little F***ing Midget!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
    He was electrifying. I remember when he KO Solis, I thought he was on his way to being the Cuban Manny Pacquiao. Had speed, power, attitude.
    But again he WAS electrifying. His last 2 fights were less than stellar against weak opposition. And as you said he was shelved because of his own doing. He didn't just step on the toes of a Arum, he spit in his face.

Not only that he signed with 50 cent who knew nothing about boxing other than being friends with Mayweather. He immediately came into boxing trying to feud with every promoter as I guess was what he did in music, but instead of getting his fighter attention he managed to get him nowhere.

On top of the arrest, the biogenesis scandal which will immediately put a cloud over any accomplishment he gains, he's lucky Arum is considering giving him an opportunity against his prize pupil in Garcia. He needs to simply close his mouth, and say the right things to get the fight.
    Yes, he was electrifying; and even though Gamboa hasn't been lately, most people feel that he can be again. The Biogenesis thing certainly looks bad, but Yuri's never tested positive for PEDs -- not in his pro career, and not in his extensive amateur career. Maybe Gamboa is guilty of using PEDs, maybe not. At least one professional athlete whose name appeared in the lab's records was found innocent by Major League Baseball: Gio Gonzalez. If one athlete was cleared, that means others might also be innocent.

To tell you the truth, although the Top Rank fiasco turned out to be a bad business decision, I can't help but chuckle at the fact that Gamboa flew in the face of the powers-that-be. How often do you see a fighter pull that kind of move? Anyway, you're right: Yuri needs to tone it down and get this fight made. If he manages to beat Mikey, he can go right back to being brash. His career will be back on track, and it'll be difficult to put a lid on it.

Comment

get of gambos dic punching bag. ima start calling rios everlast because he is one tuff punching bag

Comment

Shows how much respect rios had for pacquiao whos gamboas hegith lmao
        pac a midget too

Comment

lol f**** off rios gamboa will bust you up

Comment

The Punching bag has spoken!

Comment

If this fight gets made a properly prepped and mentally "right" Gamboa can pose real problems for Mikey. As for the other stuff, hard to believe that nice Brandon Rios used the ef word only nine times.

Comment

Dude has a dirtier mouth than Areola and Fury put together.

Comment

Working...
                X