Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carl froch vs floyd mayweather. who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carl froch vs floyd mayweather. who wins?

Speed, power, defence, lack of speed, chin, weight, size all come into effect.

Discuss.

Mayweather doesn't have balls to fight a warrior like Froch, who's also a lot heavier, but if he did he would get KOed in the first. Froch wouldn't even break a sweat.

Comment

but how would froch even catch someone like fliyd?

Comment

My head says froch because of the size but my gut is saying mayweather will be too elusive and run rings around him pot-shotting from range all night long. He would need his younger legs though.
        Last edited by MBE; 02-15-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I don't think Floyd could avoid those long monkey arms all night long. The Cobra KO 11th.

Same size, Floyd and Froch could fight a hundred times, and Floyd would not lose 1 round.

Comment

Froch would surely break him down in close, rough him up, hurt him and take him out.

Floyd is that good though. But imagine Froch just walking in with complete impunity for every second of every round, adding the size and strength and not to mention his penchant for dishing out the rough stuff - Mayweather would get beaten up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Froch would surely break him down in close, rough him up, hurt him and take him out.

Floyd is that good though. But imagine Froch just walking in with complete impunity for every second of every round, adding the size and strength and not to mention his penchant for dishing out the rough stuff - Mayweather would get beaten up.
              Smaller and similarly talented guys have negated a much bigger size difference in the past.

Risky but not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
                Smaller and similarly talented guys have negated a much bigger size difference in the past.

Risky but not impossible.
                Definitely, but If I had to put money on it. I'd go with the much bigger man.

Obviously the weight difference wouldn't be as drastic as Haye vs Valuev but the fact that a guy like Valuev could possibly nick a decision against Haye with negligible boxing ability is obviously telling. I always think of Valuev when people talk about fantasy fights with guys from different weight classes. Valuev was never near being as good as a lot of his opponents and won a lot of fights.

I always used to wonder if some of the top super middles and light heavies could beat Sam Peter when he was at the top of his game. But the likelihood is that he would club them into submission.

Comment

Mayweather would easily win.

Comment

A guy who hasn't hit the JMW limit on fight night vs a guy who hits well over SMW on fight night....That's a massive difference. Same size Floyd would work him easily...but fighting at those weights....come on now is this serious?

Comment

Working...
                    X