Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't understand the star power of Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    So what is a Mexican suppose to look like ? Dark Indian looking ? Mexicans are a mix of Spaniards Italians and Indians I have Spaniard blood , Sicilian Blood, and Indian blood from my Grandma . My wife is from Mexico and she looks as White as a ghost hell she's Whiter than White People. My son Looks like a White dude so that's how are Mexican Family looks like.
    Yes! Indian looking bro. That's where the whole brown pride thing cones from. Ofcourse there's some that don't look like that but the majority do.

Comment

Exposure and marketing.

Not particularly difficult to understand.

Comment

Mexicans like what they like. Deal with it.

Comment

You don't have to be particularly good to be a star

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
            You can hate all you want but the kid has skills, he made a name for himself in mexico and a lot of his fights was televise, some of you guys just started watching him but the Mexican people have been following him for a long time.
            ....and you forgot the ACTUAL fill line of:

"...he made a name of himself in mexico fighting taxi drivers, taco vendors, plantilla makers, fajita grillers and a few illegal alien in transit to the mighty US of A needing some money and got into the ring with him to inflate his record."

Over hyped, over inflated record, given a belt, and exposed by Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post

"...he made a name of himself in mexico fighting taxi drivers, taco vendors, plantilla makers, fajita grillers and a few illegal alien in transit to the mighty US of A needing some money and got into the ring with him to inflate his record."

Actually he fought some decent/good competition considering he turned pro at the age of 15.Anyone that's followed his career pre-GBP would know this obviously your ignorance on this subject is reasonable because the hype started after he signed with GBP. Keep in mind he had no amateur experience ( 15 fights ) and that he's only 23 i'd say he's above the curve as far as stepping up and facing legit competition.

Comment

he has lots of experience for his age... how old is he now? early 20s?

Comment

Young - check
                  Good looking - sorta check (no****)
                  Can KO people - check
                  Speak English - He is learning... so getting there

I dunno there is alot of things about him perhaps, he's had alot of fights and he is so young its crazy!
                  Before he fought Trout his resume was much better than a guy who is much older.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post

Unfortunately for you he would flatten Miguel Cotto, I mean look at Puerto Ricos finest?

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                      Mexicans like what they like. Deal with it.
                      "Deal with it"...lol
                      From simple minds comes simplicity. The world doesn't deal with curiosity the way you do. Then you made it a Mexican thing...c'mon man expand your horizons or education...or something

Comment

Working...
                      X