Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't understand the star power of Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess hes famous because of his hair and build.

Comment

His star power is that he was built on a Mexican tv giant that gave him a good push because of his "uniqueness". I knew who Canelo was years b4 he hit the states from my dad. But as far as actuall talent he's ok not the best. More excited for oscar Valdez or jose benevidaz "if his hand problems go away" as the next mexican star

Comment

No racism here but IMO, Mexicans LOVE Mexicans actors, musicians who don't look like the typical Mexican. Look at the tv shows and novelas, the biggest stars are the people who don't look Mexican at all. I think this is what happened with Canelo. They love the fact that he's so white with red hair and freckles.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
          Why is this guy such a big deal? Why is he such a huge star? It's definitely not who he beat in the boxing world.
          I mean who has he beat that gives him all the respect?
          Old Mosley ? Lopez? Barely got passed Trout.
          I'm pretty sure that his next PPV will do crappy numbers. I PPV just about anything and won't be Paying for that.

I think Eminem is great but the fact that he is white gives him and extra boost....I'm starting to think the same of Canelo.
          It's the ability to attract females kind of like Oscar did.

Comment

because there are alot of ****sexual male boxing fans, obviously.

They say Canelo has a HUGE female boxing following, which is a complete lie, If I can do a Bhop fight im sure I can find a few females screaming for BHop.

They have to be gay, I don't care how another man hair looks or that his he's good looking, he can be the UGLIEST dude ever but if he can fight, Im a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              No racism here but IMO, Mexicans LOVE Mexicans actors, musicians who don't look like the typical Mexican. Look at the tv shows and novelas, the biggest stars are the people who don't look Mexican at all. I think this is what happened with Canelo. They love the fact that he's so white with red hair and freckles.
              So what is a Mexican suppose to look like ? Dark Indian looking ? Mexicans are a mix of Spaniards Italians and Indians I have Spaniard blood , Sicilian Blood, and Indian blood from my Grandma . My wife is from Mexico and she looks as White as a ghost hell she's Whiter than White People. My son Looks like a White dude so that's how are Mexican Family looks like.

Comment

After reading all the posts it seems "he is unique because of his physical features"lol a couple of guys mention his boxing ability, which I agree is good but not great at all.
                I mean if he is so great, pad that record with some stars ....one thing I at least give to the PR fighters and even African American is they dont get like 40 wins before they start to fight names... Unfortunately from a promoters standpoint that sometime backfires...having too much balls gets you those early losses too. But if you pride yourself in "death before dishonor, I'm more macho, we don't take knees, we are the manliest,"...then be about it!

Comment

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
                  because there are alot of ****sexual male boxing fans, obviously.

They say Canelo has a HUGE female boxing following, which is a complete lie, If I can do a Bhop fight im sure I can find a few females screaming for BHop.

They have to be gay, I don't care how another man hair looks or that his he's good looking, he can be the UGLIEST dude ever but if he can fight, Im a fan.
                  Yea your right The Mayweather are ugly as Phuck and so is Broner and they seem to have fans

Comment

Originally posted by luilun View Post
                    yea your right the mayweather are ugly as phuck and so is broner and they seem to have fans
                    exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There's a lot of talk about female fans, but it's men who watch boxing.

Canelo was probably pretty exciting until he stepped up in class. Ginger guy with fast hands who was knocking everyone out.

Comment

Working...
                      X