Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't understand the star power of Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Angulo beats the dog shit out of him and sends him to retirement.

Comment

Top Rank - GBP
      HBO - Showtime

In Mexico: Televisa vs TV Azteca
      Canelo with Televisa. Chavez with TV Azteca (any mexican please confirm this part as I have always mixed them up)

They were building both of them in Mexico. The son of the legend, Chavez Jr. The good looking guy from a novela, Saul Alvarez.

They build up their career and their lives. Top Rank having ties with Zanfer signs Chavez Jr. Oscar went and pick up his heir.

Right market, right fights, right lies and you build the cash cow they are today.

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN
        You can hate all you want but the kid has skills, he made a name for himself in mexico and a lot of his fights was televise, some of you guys just started watching him but the Mexican people have been following him for a long time.
        If Canelo had skills he wouldve won AT LEAST one round vs Floyd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It's because Canelo was the one holding the camera when Oscar posed in his fishnets.. Oscar agreed to leave Canelo out of it and Oscar would make him into a star...He doesn't really have much skill and looked his best when he fought smaller guys.When he fights people his own weight, GGG ,Martinez ,Lara, you know real middleweights coming in 160-165 like he does, he will lose.. With that said I do respect Canelo's heart because he WAS going to fight Kirkland and he WAS going to fight P. Wiliams, two dangerous fights that could have ended the hype earlier so I give him another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
            Neither do I. He doesn't even fight with that style that Mexican fans go for.
            Exactly. Low output, bad stamina and questionable heart and chin is not what Mexican fans usually go for

Comment

He's honestly pretty skilled. In terms of the hype I can't see how it's warranted based on his resume. Would love to see him fight Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                Top Rank - GBP
                HBO - Showtime

In Mexico: Televisa vs TV Azteca
                Canelo with Televisa. Chavez with TV Azteca (any mexican please confirm this part as I have always mixed them up)

They were building both of them in Mexico. The son of the legend, Chavez Jr. The good looking guy from a novela, Saul Alvarez.

They build up their career and their lives. Top Rank having ties with Zanfer signs Chavez Jr. Oscar went and pick up his heir.

Right market, right fights, right lies and you build the cash cow they are today.
                this is accurate

Comment

Same question as to why Triple G is a star. Wins dont make a start its . you promoter and the fans do...

Comment

I think that a lot of it has to do with the potential that people see in him. A lot of people see him as more of a prospect or contender rather then a champion or former champion because he is only 23 years old and they see the talent and skill that he has at a young age so he's expected to reach a much higher level as he gets older. He also makes it easy for people to support him as much as they do at this stage of his career because of his well mannered public persona.

Comment

Its kind of like songs they play on the radio, they just play them over and over and they begin to grow on people just because it the only thing your getting exposed to when really Canelo is unremarkable and pretty average as a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X