Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Plans on Transforming His Body Before Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Tubby can turn that fat into muscle, then surely its only going to benefit his arsenal. Remember MUSCLE weights MORE than fat.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Ridiculous you are smarter than that.

Dude is young, it won't hurt him to make it a serious project to trim and tone a bit...its one of the advantages of being young.

I think this kid will light the division on fire

there's nothing wrong with him losing weight. he's too far gone to ever be truly slim. he was almost 300 lbs when he debuted. he will giggle all over the place for the rest of his life. he'd need surgery to remove his loose skin if he wanted the giggling to stop. you're talking about a massive amount of fat.

what i love about boxing is that we get to see who is right and who is wrong. let's revisit that gut in 5 years and see who was right. even with diet and exercise, i'm betting that this kid is never going to look like an adonis. he wouldn't look like an adonis even if he hadn't gotten fat, because very few big men [especially mexicans] are 5-10% bodyfat type athletes, but he still brought his physique on himself.

he looks disgusting, and he deserves it. you get that fat by sitting around and eating all day. he's also clearly not behaving himself in between fights, or his weight would have gone down more steadily. he got to 250, and he stayed there or even put some weight on. he should be 220 lbs.

ruiz has a decent looking chin, a decent looking punch, and some speed. he throws combinations. there are things to like about him. that just makes it more of a shame.
      Last edited by New England; 02-03-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

For Andy Ruiz 235 is a perfect fighting weight. You have to be privy to the fact that not all bodybuilders or musclebound weight lifters are healthy people. They look that way from manipulating training specifications to emphasize certain body parts and make them more aesthetic, not purely functional. The majority of those muscular men in a ring would be slow, sluggish(which means less power), have poor stamina etc.

I mean the added exercise can't hurt but his genetics may say he is just not meant to be ripped. Only time will tell though and I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Not so fast, body type. Some people are relatively short and wide, like Mike Tyson. There is no ideal that fits everybody. What if he slims down and loses speed or power? He has the right idea, he has to wear shorts for a living, let's see how it works for him.
          Yeah but 250 lbs.+ at 6'1 either means you're too fat or building too much muscle. That's not a natural size, and definitely not good for boxing.

Comment

What was his weight during fight night against the quitter he fought in China?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              258 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

fat and disgusting.

Comment

I don't want to see this kid as light as 220lbs. He can hold 225-230 and be in shape, his body type isn't the geneticly gifted body but when most opponents are 225+ he will need to hold an equal weight. If he had exceptional skills and tons of experence he could weigh 200lbs and be successful but for now 225-230 will work much better than 245+. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    there's nothing wrong with him losing weight. he's too far gone to ever be truly slim. he was almost 300 lbs when he debuted. he will giggle all over the place for the rest of his life. he'd need surgery to remove his loose skin if he wanted the giggling to stop. you're talking about a massive amount of fat.

what i love about boxing is that we get to see who is right and who is wrong. let's revisit that gut in 5 years and see who was right. even with diet and exercise, i'm betting that this kid is never going to look like an adonis. he wouldn't look like an adonis even if he hadn't gotten fat, because very few big men [especially mexicans] are 5-10% bodyfat type athletes, but he still brought his physique on himself.

he looks disgusting, and he deserves it. you get that fat by sitting around and eating all day. he's also clearly not behaving himself in between fights, or his weight would have gone down more steadily. he got to 250, and he stayed there or even put some weight on. he should be 220 lbs.

ruiz has a decent looking chin, a decent looking punch, and some speed. he throws combinations. there are things to like about him. that just makes it more of a shame.
                    He doesn't have to look good he just has to tighten up a bit. I think he should increase his muscle and lose some of the fat (we know fat does not turn to muscle). I don't think it has to be a gigantic project actually, he should be around 240 at the least.

And this is directed towards a prevailing attitude expressed on the thread: Why does this kid have to be ripped? He is fighting, not bodybuilding. He is young enough that he can still materially affect his body weight with activity that is non specialized.
                    Last edited by billeau2; 02-04-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi1987
                      If Tubby can turn that fat into muscle, then surely its only going to benefit his arsenal. Remember MUSCLE weights MORE than fat.
                      You can't turn fat into muscle.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X