Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding Molina-Kirkland, why is this ignored like it never happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Serious adult conversations here.

If you aske me, this is suspension level stuff here. All I hear is Molina got robbed, but damn, Molina straight up cheated en route.

Why do people act like 118 clinches in 10 rounds never happened?

That's worse than Wlad-Pov
    It's not even close to being worse than Wlad/Povetkin. Wlad clinched almost 200 times or something in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
      Remember Andre Ward's 88 clinches against Mikkel Kessler?

I guess Carlos Molina beat him, haha.

They need to start a CompuClinch stat for these two guys or just ban them from boxing.
      Ward was worse, it wasn't just clinching, it was the incessant head butts and elbows.

I agree Molina clinched a lot throughout this fight but he also threw some good counters and worked well against JKs head strong approach. I give JK maybe 3 rounds. Yes he looked strong in that final round but no way should the ref have disqualified Molina.

Comment

Anyone else want to see Ward-Molina?

Hulk Hogan as special referee.

Comment

I found that video very hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Serious adult conversations here.

If you aske me, this is suspension level stuff here. All I hear is Molina got robbed, but damn, Molina straight up cheated en route.

Why do people act like 118 clinches in 10 rounds never happened?

That's worse than Wlad-Pov
            While you and Big Dunn were watching the sweet science the rest of us were sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It's not even close to being worse than Wlad/Povetkin. Wlad clinched almost 200 times or something in that fight.
              Not even close? It takes the cake.

Besides, Wlad-Pov lasted over 12 rounds, Kirk-Molina only had 10 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Ward was worse, it wasn't just clinching, it was the incessant head butts and elbows.

I agree Molina clinched a lot throughout this fight but he also threw some good counters and worked well against JKs head strong approach. I give JK maybe 3 rounds. Yes he looked strong in that final round but no way should the ref have disqualified Molina.
                So you advocate the position that Molina was robbed and should've won?

Comment

that decision to award kirkland the fight was absolutely disgraceful. and karma came around when kirkland got KTFO by ishida.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    that decision to award kirkland the fight was absolutely disgraceful. and karma came around when kirkland got KTFO by ishida.
                    How was it disgraceful? If we're talking Karma here, Molina getting DQ'd fit perfectly since he just blatantly cheated the entire fight.

BTW, the ishida fight happened before the Molina fight. I don't know how you can have karma come back around on you from the future

Comment

I look at it as a good strategy by Molina to neutralize Kirkland's one dimensional attack. Its the ref's job to enforce it but he didn't. Since he didn't, it was Kirkland's job to fight out of the clinches and work instead of letting that **** continue. Try to clinch Miguel Cotto like that and see what happens.

Molina did what gave him the best chance to win and he was on his way to doing just that.

Comment

Working...
                      X