No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cee Mac Eleven View Post
    I know you're a Miguelita fan, so it was a must. I can see that it hurt you, too.

You guys are too easy, way too easy. I'll be back when WARavilla puts your God on her knees. I just hope Martinez doesn't get robbed like Mosley and Clottey did.

Hasta luego, puñal.
    claiming victory and leaving, the tell tale sign of a skrapa.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
      I wouldn’t push anything pass this clown..He’s butt hurt because another man didn’t pay him any attention when they were at a boxing convention in Mexico? wtf Cotto said it himself..He shook his hand and dismissed him because Cotto had a place to go and supposedly Martinez had a place to go too but it was obvious that Martinez wanted more time from Cotto than Cotto had to spear. So now he’s butt hurt. Somebody made a comment if you reach your hand out to another man and he doesn’t acknowledge you, that you too would feel a way.. Fuk that..What do you really want MAN (I gotta go) a fuking hug and a kiss?
      Stay in your lane and know your roll is how the story goes.

PRPP
      Why was Cotto carrying a spear?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        No it will be at the full MW weight limit of 160 pounds. No excuses for either man.

Actually there is a catch weight 158...At first Cotto Wanted the fight at a CW of 158 but Maravilla's manager said he his fighter wouldnot be able to make the weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clos02475 View Post
          Actually there is a catch weight 158...At first Cotto Wanted the fight at a CW of 158 but Maravilla's manager said he his fighter wouldnot be able to make the weight.
          Actually 159 catchweight. The stupidiest catchweight in history. Martinez has never weighted more than 159 in the weights-in, so that catchweight doesn´t make sense at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stark777 View Post
            Actually 159 catchweight. The stupidiest catchweight in history. Martinez has never weighted more than 159 in the weights-in, so that catchweight doesn´t make sense at all.
            Yeah, it was 159. I thought it was stupid, too. Glad they reconsidered and made the fight at the full 160 lb limit. Why add an asterisk to the fight over one damn pound?

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Yeah, it was 159. I thought it was stupid, too. Glad they reconsidered and made the fight at the full 160 lb limit. Why add an asterisk to the fight over one damn pound?
              Are you sure It's at 160 now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                Are you sure It's at 160 now?
                You know what, bro, I went back to the full twelve minute "Face Off" episode and it seems the fight is indeed at 159. At about 2:30, the topic is raised. As Cotto tells it, his team originally wanted 158, but Sergio's manager said he couldn't go below 159. So Miguel said, "OK, we're not going to quibble over one pound." I think I misinterpreted that statement to mean they weren't going to "quibble" about one pound under 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  You know what, bro, I went back to the full twelve minute "Face Off" episode and it seems the fight is indeed at 159. At about 2:30, the topic is raised. As Cotto tells it, his team originally wanted 158, but Sergio's manager said he couldn't go below 159. So Miguel said, "OK, we're not going to quibble over one pound." I think I misinterpreted that statement to mean they weren't going to "quibble" about one pound under 160.
                  Yeah I was wondering how I missed that

a pretty pointless cathweight nonetheless.

Comment

• Should us as fans even get mad about catchweights anymore?? They happen so much now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                      Yeah I was wondering how I missed that

a pretty pointless cathweight nonetheless.
                      Seems that way. Sergio himself wondered why Cotto didn't make demands for a lower weight, where he could've really hurt Martinez, instead of demanding things like top-billing and such. Miguel said okay to 159, up from 158, so as not to "quibble." So what was the point of 158 in the first place? The way I understand it, Sergio usually comes in at 159 anyway. Maybe it's just all been gamesmanship, to get inside Martinez's head. We'll see soon enough if any of that stuff works.

Comment

Working...
                      X