No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Hmm. Martinez is in trouble. I truly feel he's going to have to hurt Cotto to win and hurt him bad.
    I think it's what he is going to do, dude hits hard and in his media workout he was letting them thangs go. A lot of power in them punches I think he's going for a knockout.. I also read an article that qouted Martinez saying that he's defense has always been with his feet and not his hands so that won't change. Meaning that his knee is at 100%, as far as cotto being an atg in cutting off the ring I agree but I think martinez will keep him at bay with his power. I mean idk though lol it's hard to say or predict outcomes in pick em fights let's enjoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Masterclass775 View Post
      I think it's what he is going to do, dude hits hard and in his media workout he was letting them thangs go. A lot of power in them punches I think he's going for a knockout.. I also read an article that qouted Martinez saying that he's defense has always been with his feet and not his hands so that won't change. Meaning that his knee is at 100%, as far as cotto being an atg in cutting off the ring I agree but I think martinez will keep him at bay with his power. I mean idk though lol it's hard to say or predict outcomes in pick em fights let's enjoy
      The thing with this quote of Martinez is that he's 100% aware of what Miguel will have to do to win the fight and I'm sure that that is cotto and roaches game plan. If a fighter knows The others game plan then all The other has to do is negate that game plan. I think it's why Martinez had great success in the Chavez fight. He knew the only way Jr would win and he negated that for 11.5 rounds

Comment

I think we'll know within the first three rounds or so where the fight is headed. If Martinez is moving well, it'll be a long night for Cotto. If Miguel is able to engage on the inside, he has a chance. Anything can happen, but I'm convinced a healthy Sergio wins this without tremendous difficulty. Regardless, it should be an entertaining bout. As I've said before, Cotto is never in a dull fight.

Comment

• That he isnt (cotto) 1st 3 rounds should be an indicator for sure.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
              lol!

Comment

• serious question: who hits harder - martinez or margarcheato with bricks in his gloves?

Comment

The thing with this quote of Martinez is that he's 100% aware of what Miguel will have to do to win the fight and I'm sure that that is cotto and roaches game plan. If a fighter knows The others game plan then all The other has to do is negate that game plan. I think it's why Martinez had great success in the Chavez fight. He knew the only way Jr would win and he negated that for 11.5 rounds
                  At this level both guys and their coaches are acutely aware of what the other's strengths and weaknesses are. How much they can take advantage of these is another story. Neither the fighters nor anyone else will know till after round one.

What is not know, how healthy, truly healthy is Martinez. He wanted to wear a knee brace into the fight so he can't be all that good. Also lots said about his knees what about his left hand? He broke it/tore ligaments against Murray? Nothing being said about that. If he quickly turns into a one handed fighter he will likely get his ass tore up.

Can Cotto be aggressive and effective against Martinez style?

Can Cotto take Sergio's punches? He will get hit.

Cotto looks to be in tremendous condition so if he can effectively pressure for the whole fight things could get real ugly.

Leaving for NY tomorrow and it can't get here soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                    lmao!

Comment

• Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
                      At this level both guys and their coaches are acutely aware of what the other's strengths and weaknesses are. How much they can take advantage of these is another story. Neither the fighters nor anyone else will know till after round one.

What is not know, how healthy, truly healthy is Martinez. He wanted to wear a knee brace into the fight so he can't be all that good. Also lots said about his knees what about his left hand? He broke it/tore ligaments against Murray? Nothing being said about that. If he quickly turns into a one handed fighter he will likely get his ass tore up.

Can Cotto be aggressive and effective against Martinez style?

Can Cotto take Sergio's punches? He will get hit.

Cotto looks to be in tremendous condition so if he can effectively pressure for the whole fight things could get real ugly.

Leaving for NY tomorrow and it can't get here soon enough.
                      I considered the hand injury. All I've read was that Sergio fractured his fist. There has been no mention of ligament damage that I'm aware of. I consider a break no problem, as long as there's been sufficient time to heal. Ligament damage can be a lot trickier, which is why Martinez's knees are a concern.

I don't think Miguel has felt the kind of power Martinez is capable of delivering, simply because he's never fought anyone this big. Yeah, Margarito is taller, but Sergio is thicker. Those punches will be coming from a middleweight. I agree the punch that sent P Will into dreamland was once-in-a-lifetime, but not everyone is capable of doing that with one shot. I don't think Cotto could've done it, even given the same circumstances.

It should be a very entertaining fight. Glad you're going to enjoy it live. Nothing like it. Come back and give us your first-hand impressions ASAP. Be safe...and stay away from eighth avenue -- except to check out Pizza Suprema, on 32 st and 8th...some of the best pizza anywhere!

Comment

Working...
                      X