Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name some fighters you think you can whoop at around your weighclass...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a pretty interesting episode of "Pros Vs Joes," where the late Arturo Gatti sparred a heavyweight-sized dude. Gatti smiled the whole way through, like it was a joke (which it was). You could tell he was taking it easy on the guy, but it was still easy work.

In the same episode, former NFL running back Ricky Williams went up against three separate "Joe" linebackers. Two of them (smartly) tried going for Ricky's ankles. The third guy, who had been talking big, actually tried tackling Williams. Let's just say it was a bad move. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      LoL, that's assuming that you could ever land a blow on them. We gotta super middleweight here in Detroit with only 4 pro bouts that would jam those words right back down your throat.

It's funny how these fools always gotta take it to the streets (because they have NO skill). You don't get paid fighting in the street, therefore the only conclusion that I can come to is that you are a fool. Only fools fight in the street for free.............. Rockin'
      literally tried my best to make it clear that was sarcasm lol

Comment

Same poster who started a pissy thread about people saying Ortiz is a quitter. So it's not disrespectful to say you can whoop on world class fighters, but it is disrespectful to say a fighter quit?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          There was a pretty interesting episode of "Pros Vs Joes," where the late Arturo Gatti sparred a heavyweight-sized dude. Gatti smiled the whole way through, like it was a joke (which it was). You could tell he was taking it easy on the guy, but it was still easy work.

In the same episode, former NFL running back Ricky Williams went up against three separate "Joe" linebackers. Two of them (smartly) tried going for Ricky's ankles. The third guy, who had been talking big, actually tried tackling Williams. Let's just say it was a bad move. lol
          There was also one with Roy Jones that was real funny.

Now on to my real reason as to why I came in the thread~

Thank you thread starter for making me laugh so hard, I was literally laughing like an idiot for 90 seconds just from reading the title then laughed some more reading the post.

Then I laughed even more thinking about Pros vs. Joes.

So thanks for the laughs
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-31-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
            literally tried my best to make it clear that was sarcasm lol
            my mistake, I thought that you were among the posse of ******s.

My bad............... Rockin'

Comment

Makes me remember this:

Comment

Originally posted by lacolonia24 View Post
                I'll go first.........

Juan Carlos Burgos

Roman Martinez

Ricky Burns

Zab Judah

Marcos Maidana
                Now I will only tell you this one more time punk so listen carefully:

Don't post here again! You got me Sugar Shane Mosley?!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  There was also one with Roy Jones that was real funny.

Now one to my real reason as to why I came in the thread~

Thank you thread starter for making me laugh so hard, I was literally laughing like an idiot for 90 seconds just from reading the title then laughed some more reading the post.

Then I laughed even more thinking about Pros vs. Joes.

So thanks for the laughs
                  Notice I didn't address the TS directly.

I didn't see the one with Roy. That must've been something. lol

One of my old coaches was Ricky Frazier, who won two NYC Golden Gloves championships. You reminded me of him when you brought up Jones. Ricky fought Roy in a very embarrassing performance, where he ran around the ring before he was TKOed in two. This was a man who looked like motherfucking Muhammad Ali against some pretty decent amateurs, long after his fighting days were over.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Makes me remember this:

lol I forgot that one.

Comment

lol I forgot that one.
                      Makes me wonder, if Shaq just went right at Oscar to hurt him, would Oscar hurt him first? I don't know, I don't think its crazy.

Hulk Hogan told a story in his book about sparring George Foreman for charity. Said George took it really easy for 2 rounds, and then hit him in the shoulder with a half-ass left hook that numbed Hogan's right side. Dude quit right then.

Comment

Working...
                      X