Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Hopkins becomes undisputed champ at 50 years old, does he enter the top 10?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If baffles me how a man who has 20 title defenses at middleweight,unified all the titles,then if he becomes lineal at 50 will be a 2 time lineal champion at 175 and somehow it is laughable for him to be top 10? it seems like it is impossible for current fighters to be top 10,yet i see people rank whitaker,duran there

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      In my opinion no. The consideration for his longevity should be separate from how he ranks as an ATG fighter.
      That is what I was trying to say but you said it quicker and better. Hopkins is perhaps the greatest old fighter of all time but that does not make him the greatest fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
        It depends on the criteria used to rank the greatest fighters of all time. At the very least, Hopkins is doing things that have never been done before in the sport of boxing. I can't imagine May, Pac or Bradley still fighting at age 50.
        This exactly, So what if he "lost" a slapfest to calzaghe. Hopkins is 100x better fighter then Joe. His career overall is legendary. He's a master of the sport and an all time great. Calslappy right now is around the age Hopkins was when they fought. Lets see him come back and beat him now. If Hopkins was 36 like Joe was when they fought he would have annihilated him. Joe should of gave him a rematch anyway after that pathetic slap show. He got a gift in that fight.

Comment

if he fought the best opposition yes, but fighting scrubs:

Comment

Top 10 P4P? Sure, all time? No

Comment

The LHW division is pretty awful right now but still impressive considering his age.

Comment

He is the greatest I have ever seen in my opinion. All he does is beat champs in their primes and ducks no one

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                  if he fought the best opposition yes, but fighting scrubs:
                  who in the **** can be better then beating the top fighters in your division?

Comment

wow no love for B-Hop lol, the reason i wouldnt its cause of his ugly style, after what he did in both of the Dawson fights i was very disappointed in him, in the second Dawson fight he looked so bad in his ugly tactics

he has good wins, but fans really overrate past era's top fighters, B-Hop's resume is very solid n his career is not over yet

Comment

It has become crystal clear to me, that ya'll would not know greatness if it took a **** on your forehead...ya'll dismiss every damn great fighter you have been blessed to witness and if you were alive 50-100 years ago you would do the exact same damn thing...we are witnessing greatness in this era and it is never enough for ya'll..it is sickening that ya'll even call yourselves boxing fans

Comment

Working...
                      X