Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Hopkins becomes undisputed champ at 50 years old, does he enter the top 10?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCAR DE LA HOYA DISCUSSES THE LEGACY OF BERNARD HOPKINS: "TOP 10 ALL-TIME GREATS IN ANY ERA"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cgB...yljr1RbSs4Ymaw

Comment

• He will have had one of the most storied careers in the history of boxing.

He's like on his own island out there. Dude was champion when I was nine years old. I'm now 28 and he's still champion, and has only been without a belt for a six years during that stretch.

Comment

• It's really tough to gauge Hopkins. No question he's top 50 and probably significantly higher than that. I think we should have this discussion if and when he comes undisputed champ. He's had some losses that have knocked him back in recent years and the opponents he's beaten recently really haven't wowed me. And I think Kovalev is another fighter that style-wise is tailor made for him. You know what would put him in the top 10? If he beat Ward. But that's probably asking a bit too much from him at this point.

Comment

• Imagine if Hopkins beats Kovalev, Stevenson, avenges his loss to Dawson, then beats Ward and Golovkin before retiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by valero View Post
            It depends on the criteria used to rank the greatest fighters of all time. At the very least, Hopkins is doing things that have never been done before in the sport of boxing. I can't imagine May, Pac or Bradley still fighting at age 50.
            I can't see Floyd doing that, he's already shot @ 37.
            Bradley relies on his athleticism too much, and he'd be shot by 35.
            Pacquiao is already graying but he would have the best shot at fighting until 50 but even then, he started early and would have gone through too many wars.

Comment

• He's already in the top 10

Comment

• This is why he will dominate Kovalev............

Comment

• If he is using therapy for that testosterone, then no because it's cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    If baffles me how a man who has 20 title defenses at middleweight,unified all the titles,then if he becomes lineal at 50 will be a 2 time lineal champion at 175 and somehow it is laughable for him to be top 10? it seems like it is impossible for current fighters to be top 10,yet i see people rank whitaker,duran there
                    The best answer is probably, wait until he is done. Those other guys are retired, so their legacy is already written.

I think this is true in every sports. Guys need to be retired awhile before people can objectively sum up their career.

Comment

• lol of all times? Not a chance in hell.

His resume isn't that good in all honesty.

Comment

Working...
                      X