Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent Not Impressed: Mikey Garcia Put Us To Sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of days ago, Mikey was talking about being in the Top10 P4P. That was no Top 10 anything that I saw against Burgos. He played it safe, he won the fight, but it wasn't a P4P performance by a long shot.

Comment

awww look at 50 begging for a fight for Gamboa..how bout you actually have him fight on a regular basis and EARN a damn fight

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        A couple of days ago, Mikey was talking about being in the Top10 P4P. That was no Top 10 anything that I saw against Burgos. He played it safe, he won the fight, but it wasn't a P4P performance by a long shot.
        He won...the Ring currently has 2 fighters coming off of loses in the top 10(JMM,CANELO) and 1 who is 1-2 in his last 3 (MANNY) so please tell me how Mikey who is an undefeated 2 weight champ has no claim to be top 10

Comment

Yeah and Gamboa is must see tv. Lmao at 50 talking like he has the pull to force a fight in L.A or even to occur at all. Hope mikey pays Gamboa pennies then K.O's him, end 50's promotion career forever.

Comment

Boring fight because Burgos was in survival mode. Not sure where Gamboa is, he is not nearly as explosive as he once was, he also seems to have lapses in fights, and against Garcia, he will put you to sleep - but on the flipside, I do not think Garcia has a warriors heart, he quit in the salido fight once his nose got broken and salido finally was getting his shyt together. Lots of ifs, but that's the only ***** in Garcia's armor is his fighting spirit to (me). I need to see him in with tougher opposition. back to the salido fight (what kind of boxing politics was that? the man got a broken nose and they give him the fight instead of having him fight through it?

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              This is a ridiculous post. I don't mind saying Mikey isn't elite. Because personally, I only consider maybe 5-6 guys out there now truly elite. The rest of the top 10 is basically a crap shoot. That said, I don't see how someone could say his performance last night wasn't impressive. He took on of the best fighters in a division he's relatively green in and outclassed him and had him in survival mode from the third round on. And exactly what was wrong with him playing it safe? Do you not remember him being buzzed in the second? He had a good fighter in front of him that he knew could hurt him. And one that was basically winging big shots to keep him away from him. I thought Mikey did a great job of maintaining distance against a taller fighter, timing his hard counters beautifully, and making a fight that could have been interesting a route.

Comment

I bet a lot of posters here never followed rap music and don't know this is 50's M.O.

When he is losing ground in the public eye, he starts some BS beef.

Most people who followed rap lost interest in this tactic after the 1st time and saw it for what it is, a plea for attention.

Now boxing fans are gonna start to see it as well. Instead of getting his guy in the ring and building him up he is gonna attempt to bring others down.

Comment

I like Mikey Garcia but I highly doubt he'll ever be a star. boxing fans will appreciate him but it's unlikely he'll ever reach as high as he could.

every fan of boxing knows that it's a sport where just being great is never enough.

Mikey Garcia is "boring" and by "boring" I mean technical and cautious. He isn't a risk taker, Rigondeaux has the same problem. both guys are great cerebral technicians but most fans just can't connect to a guy who isn't will to take a few risks.

taking risks makes the fight exciting. it wows, it awes and pulls at emotional strings. people connect with fighters like on an emotional level.

that's why guys like Cotto, Gatti, Chavez Sr. and the like are so loved.

Mikey Garcia just doesn't put himself on the line to take the crowd to the next level. he was basically content to get a UD against Burgos. Think about Martinez vs Chavez jr. Martinez dominated the first 11 rounds but Martinez tried to close the show and got caught. he could have just ran around and got the UD but he wanted to put on a show, he almost paid the price for it but that 12th round made that fight memorable. Garica isn't going to do that ever it's just not in his personality.

that's his 2nd problem. he has ZERO personality. if you aren't a show stopper then you need a swagger. think about Floyd Mayweather. he's probably one of the most intelligent safety 1st fighters out there but Mayweather's personality makes up for his "boring" style.

HBO can talk up Garcia and trash his opponents like they do but it doesn't change the facts about him. Garcia will never win the hearts of the mexican and chicano communities because he doesn't fight in a style that they like nor does he have the bravado that captures the US public's attention.

guy like Garcia and Rigondeaux are great but they'll never really capture the attention of the public.

Comment

Bad fight. I dozed off about 3 times during that fight. If they are positioning Mikey to be the next star of Top Rank, they gotta give him some better opponents. The Gamboa fight needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Trayhezy View Post
                      I bet a lot of posters here never followed rap music and don't know this is 50's M.O.

When he is losing ground in the public eye, he starts some BS beef.

Most people who followed rap lost interest in this tactic after the 1st time and saw it for what it is, a plea for attention.

Now boxing fans are gonna start to see it as well. Instead of getting his guy in the ring and building him up he is gonna attempt to bring others down.
                      I went to school with Buck. I'm very aware of 50's MO.

Comment

Working...
                      X