Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After studying Pacquiao's welterweight fights, my conclusion is he doesn't have Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVDB View Post
    I don't know if they hit harder but Maidana and Thurman are with Pac in the top 3 imo
    So is the TS trying to suggest being one of the top 3 biggest punchers in the division don't make you a big puncher.

How many people have dropped Mosley in his career?

Or Cotto at above 147lbs.

Pacquiao's punches don't just break skin they break bones.

And power is all about the timing.

I've got massive power when I'm hitting a punch bag or pads, catching someone with a shot like that when you are sparring is a completely different story.

Comment

Originally posted by KaL-EL View Post
      This guy is one of those superstitious sports fan that he roots for the other team to win so his favorite team will win
      That is the stupidest logic known to man, who the hell roots for the opposing team so their own team will win? I root for nobody. I just enjoy watching boxing.

Pacman has no power, what does that have to do with superstition?

I typed out my observation, why would I waste my time? I am a student of the game. Where is this crazy scary power that Floyd Mayweather jr was talking about? Floyd dropped Marquez at 140's, while Pacman couldn't drop him clean the two times he fought him above 130.

Everyone who said they fought Pac said he has no power its just the speed they have trouble with.

Comment

floyd has way more power than pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Who hits harder than Pacquiao at welterweight?
          Easy, Maidana, Ortiz, Thurman, Guerrero, Marquez (he knocked Pac out cold with one punch), Soto Karass, Andre Berto, Shawn Porter, Devon Alexander just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            floyd has way more power than pacquiao
            At 147 years, he knocked down Marquez and knocked out Victor Ortiz, Pacman has no legit knock out at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              That is the stupidest logic known to man, who the hell roots for the opposing team so their own team will win? I root for nobody. I just enjoy watching boxing.

Pacman has no power, what does that have to do with superstition?

I typed out my observation, why would I waste my time? I am a student of the game. Where is this crazy scary power that Floyd Mayweather jr was talking about? Floyd dropped Marquez at 140's, while Pacman couldn't drop him clean the two times he fought him above 130.

Everyone who said they fought Pac said he has no power its just the speed they have trouble with.

OK you have made your statement, now find me those quotes to back it up.

Comment

At 147 years, he knocked down Marquez and knocked out Victor Ortiz, Pacman has no legit knock out at 147.
                Sucker punching someone

That is legit in your book?

99% of pro boxers would knock Ortiz out with two free shot.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  OK you have made your statement, now find me those quotes to back it up.
                  DAvid Diaz its not he speed that pac was too fast
                  Jorge Solis said his wife hits harder than Manny
                  Oscar said after his fight with Pacman a few days after his loss that he didn't feel any power it was just pac was too fast and he couldnt catch him.
                  Brandon Rios said Pac had no power he couldn't feel his punches and it was just the speed that bothered him.
                  Margarito laughed and smiled and stuck his tongue out and told Garcia in the corner Pacquiao doesn't have power or hit hard.

Comment

Easy, Maidana, Ortiz, Thurman, Guerrero, Marquez (he knocked Pac out cold with one punch), Soto Karass, Andre Berto, Shawn Porter, Devon Alexander just to name a few.

At welter Pacquiao has fought:

Cotto
                    Clottey
                    Margarito
                    Mosley
                    Marquez
                    Bradley
                    Marquez
                    Rios

How have those fighters that have you named done against these fighters? Have they dropped them or KOed?

How many times in these fighters careers have then been dropped or KOed and what were the circumstances around it?

Comment

DAvid Diaz its not he speed that pac was too fast
                      Jorge Solis said his wife hits harder than Manny
                      Oscar said after his fight with Pacman a few days after his loss that he didn't feel any power it was just pac was too fast and he couldnt catch him.
                      Brandon Rios said Pac had no power he couldn't feel his punches and it was just the speed that bothered him.
                      Margarito laughed and smiled and stuck his tongue out and told Garcia in the corner Pacquiao doesn't have power or hit hard.

Read the title of your own thread. I think you will find it says welterweight.

And Diaz got KTFO and Pacquiao was just boxing him and only started loading up when Diaz was gone.

Going to need links to these quotes from Oscar and Rios where they say no power.

But against Rios, Pacquiao was not throwing bombs and looking for the KO, and against Oscar, he only started to look for the KO in the 8th round

Comment

Working...
                      X