No announcement yet.

The Predictorship Challenge: Season Four

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    Nope, I got 22 I think...I counted yours and actually you have 21? 3 points for Jennings and Charlo but the rest you got 5 points in for correct winner, method and timing of ko/type of decision.

I got 22 for:
    Huck (3 points for picking winner, 1 for ko method) 4
    Peterson ( 3 points for picking winner, 2 for cpts) 5
    Garcia (3 points for picking winner, 2 for wpts) 5
    Jennings (3 points for picking winner) 3
    Charlo (3 points for picking winner, 2 for wpts) 5

You're right, it is 21, damn boy me and you battling it out at the top of the table.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      You're right, it is 21, damn boy me and you battling it out at the top of the table.
      Well, it's just the start, but I guess we can rep the top while we can, and hopefully it will become a good battle

Comment

Peterson bounced back strong, something I didn't expect. And WTF Szpilka? Why did he try to box instead of pressuring? Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Peterson bounced back strong, something I didn't expect. And WTF Szpilka? Why did he try to box instead of pressuring? Lol

Arslan looked like a shell of himself and Szpilka was definitely fighting Jennings' fight. No shame getting week 1 methods wrong, these were unusual results.

Comment

Originally posted by valero
            Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Arslan looked like a shell of himself and Szpilka was definitely fighting Jennings' fight. No shame getting week 1 methods wrong, there were unusual results.
            At times Arslan looked like he would make it. I thought he was gonna tire Huck out by leaning on him so much. Then the round started and he landed a monstrous uppercut but Huck came back and somehow Arslan got hurt. Lol

Szpilka let me down tho. Not sure what happened there. Props to Jennings.

Comment

I just remember I owe people points. Lol...

Comment

I got 4 out of the 5 winners correct. Garcia let me down big time. The first time I pick him to win by KO he goes to a decision.

Charlo should've sat down on his punches more and pressed the action because of the cut.

Arslan also let me down. I thought he was wearing Huck down and would've had a pretty good shot at the KO late. Oh well, good first week with 14 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                  Arslan looked like a shell of himself and Szpilka was definitely fighting Jennings' fight. No shame getting week 1 methods wrong, these were unusual results.
                  the Jennings fight slightly unusual that he got a KO but everyone could see Arslan was done. He has fought once in 2013, in that time Huck has fought some of the best guys around and won.

I still can't believe you guys thought Jean would beat Peterson, LP has only ever lost to the best and Jean has never fought on that level.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    Unusual results lol?

-Huck stopping an inactive 43 year old Arslan was anything but far-fetched.

-Peterson gets some stick but its foolish to rule out a fighter completely after 1 KO loss, especially when its dealt by one of the best punchers in the game today, yet was sort of found out himself v D. Garcia

-Hyped up, greatly talented, but not always exciting M. Garcia, WPTS was the safe bet

-Jennings has been hyped as America's most talented upcoming heavyweight and Szpilka...a former football hooligan who came to boxing late, more of an unknown quantity than Jennings, safe bet was to go with Jennings, although not by KO

-And dunno why people were picking Rosado...no real basis for that, you could just compare them on boxrec to know he was never going to beat Charlo

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      the Jennings fight slightly unusual that he got a KO but everyone could see Arslan was done. He has fought once in 2013, in that time Huck has fought some of the best guys around and won.
                      Huck only fought once in 2013 too, and it was a mixed decision lol. Arslan looked like a much fresher fighter in the first Huck-Arslan match. I predicted a Huck UD, thought Arslan was strong enough to go 12. Garcia gave a poor performance against Burgos who has come up short in every title fight and been knocked down against lesser guys than Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                      X