No announcement yet.

George Groves turns down Carl Froch rematch chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    I call bull**** on the appeal. Do you really think Groves believes he will win that appeal considering the amount of worse stoppages that have happened this year alone in Britain? His stoppage over Anderson was worse! Robert Smith of the BBBofC already condoned the stoppage after the fight.

Groves has learnt how to work the media and the public from the best fraudsters in the business remember?
    Here we go again...

Whether or not his appeal is successful, surely even you could see that going through that kind of trouble to get a fight would be weird if you're not going to accept a 7 figure payday?

Comment

groves is a joke, his ass can wait, he aint the draw or the name froch is. There is more worldwide demand for the froch fight. Groves ass can wait and fight someone decent in the meanwhile cause his resume is pretty weak

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Here we go again...

Whether or not his appeal is successful, surely even you could see that going through that kind of trouble to get a fight would be weird if you're not going to accept a 7 figure payday?
        What trouble? He appeals, it gets rejected. Such trauma in the young man's life!

Comment

I call bull**** on the appeal. Do you really think Groves believes he will win that appeal considering the amount of worse stoppages that have happened this year alone in Britain? His stoppage over Anderson was worse! Robert Smith of the BBBofC already condoned the stoppage after the fight.

Groves has learnt how to work the media and the public from the best fraudsters in the business remember?
          Of course not but if he's appealed, it shows how desperate he is to get the rematch. I believe he did it in person too. Public is calling for a rematch, Groves can't keep Froch's name out of his mouth and Froch is looking elsewhere.

A Froch rematch is great for Groves but a career high pay day too? That's just too good for someone like Groves to turn down, I can't see why. I expect to hear from him in the next few days though.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Of course not but if he's appealed, it shows how desperate he is to get the rematch.
            How does it even show that? Anyone can lodge an appeal if they know full well it's going to get rejected. Then he can sell the scam to the public "Oh look how desperate I was, I even appealed".

Not buying it. I don't doubt that Groves wants the rematch but it has also been common knowledge that he wants to be more than handsomely compensated for it.

Comment

What trouble? He appeals, it gets rejected. Such trauma in the young man's life!
              Going to NJ in person to appeal before a panel + prepare an appeal with an expensive lawyer, constantly going on social media + tv stations to call out Froch time and time again.

I think that's going through trouble to get a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Going to NJ in person to appeal before a panel + prepare an appeal with an expensive lawyer, constantly going on social media + tv stations to call out Froch time and time again.

I think that's going through trouble to get a rematch.
                I remember when David Haye gatecrashed Wladimir's press conference in Germany and started getting in his face on an elevator only to duck him for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  I call bullshit, Groves has resorted to going to the IBF to appeal to them to force a rematch between him and Froch.
                  My guess would be that the IBF forcing a rematch would mean Groves getting a bigger purse split than he's currently being offered.

Comment

Groves knows teh ref saved him from getting ktfo'd, now he's trying to milk it for all it's worth.

Comment

How does it even show that? Anyone can lodge an appeal if they know full well it's going to get rejected. Then he can sell the scam to the public "Oh look how desperate I was, I even appealed".

Not buying it. I don't doubt that Groves wants the rematch but it has also been common knowledge that he wants to be more than handsomely compensated for it.
                      Eh, you're looking into it too much. I doubt Groves is wanting to look that desperate. If a 7-figure contract was offered, I cannot see how Groves would turn it down. He knows damn well that it's him who has to chase Froch, not the other way around. So after weeks and weeks of calling him out, he's given an opportunity with a nice reward and suddenly rejects it?

The only way I can see Groves turning down the contract is if he truly believes that he's the bigger attraction and that Froch misses out in this situation. As stupid as he looks, I can't see Groves thinking that.

Comment

Working...
                      X