Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo's Trainer Fires Shots at Canelo and Erislandy Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angulo's Trainer Fires Shots at Canelo and Erislandy Lara

Veteran coach Virgil Hunter had some choice words for both Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Erislandy Lara.

In his last fight, Hunter's boxer, junior middleweight puncher Alfredo Angulo, faced Erislany Lara in June of 2013. Angulo started slow but eventually caught up to Lara, dropping the Cuban boxer twice in the contest and had him in a lot of trouble. During the ninth round, Angulo suffered an eye injury and he was unable to continue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol, he made Angulo quit

Comment

Almost ended Lara's career? Careful, Lara might've been the one who ended Angulo's career. Sure Lara's legs went jelly but he recuperated real good. Then he got up and continued to outbox Angulo those very same rounds.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

They developed a strategy to cut the ring off? Oh he must mean requesting a smaller ring is he talking about that strategy? An unfortunate incident? What you mean to tell me Lara wasn't allowed to throw punches or something? Don't aim for the eye?

Bottom line is that Lara was schooling his ass and made him quit. When Lara got knocked down he got up dusted himself off and continued the schooling. He didn't quit. And Canelo can talk about all this running this and running that but the day he fights Lara he'll get schooled too.

For what it's worth I hope Angulo knocks his ass out. Then gingerkid's stock can fall more and Lara will hopefully get his shot.

Comment

Yeah he was struck in the eye...By a beautiful lara left hand. I like angulo but lara made him quit plain and simple. I never in a million years would think to see angulo quit like that it actually still shocks me.

Comment

Fact is that angulo got beat fair and square. he did give lara his best up until that freakish eye injury caused by a punch.

As for ginger saying may ran all night...smMFh!! That was the most ive seen fmj in the pocket vs a fighter in a LOOOOOOOOONG time! He was feeding the lil putito a 2 piece over and over and should have won a UD by scores of 120-108
            I'm pullin for perro in this one...and hopefully he wins by ko too!

Comment

Virgil Hunter is a cool dude, I like him and I think he's a great trainer.

Comment

a fluke injury that doesn't happen that much

you boys are crying but Hunter told the truth about Canelo , I said the same thing in a previous post today.

Angulo had Lara dead to rights,

Maidana had boner in his scope and excuted

Canelo FAILED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
                  Virgil Hunter is a cool dude, I like him and I think he's a great trainer.
                  He's also a whiny b*tch.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Truth be told, Lara is the most dangerous fighter for Floyd Mayweather today. He will move (not run) but he will fire back. Canelo knows this and he didn't want none, and Floyd (and i;m a Floyd fan) don't want none either. Angulo is a beast, but if Canelo is smart, he can win this easily by UD. But if Canelo tries to be fan-friendly, and let Hunter get in his head, he will be KO'd in 7. Box Canelo, don't fight Angulo. As much of a beast Angulo is, I don't hear him calling out James Kirkland! Angulo knows his limits too!

Comment

Working...
                    X