Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lara can not get the fights he wants at 154, why not move to 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    thank you.....Floyd moved up 24 damn pounds and Lara can't move up 6?
    Who said he can't? Maybe he wants to take care of business at 154 first? The biggest fights at are 147-154, so why would he move up? He just fought Trout - it's not like he's not getting good fights.

All your threads this days are somehow related to the protection of Floyd Mayweather Jr. It's sad.

Comment

all you guys saying this about Lara but you know damn well he would move up in a heartbeat for a fight wit sergio or if Cotto if he wins, or if Canelo decided to move up and wanted to fight him. He would easily move up then. Then if he won he has to fight triple G or he's a coward

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Love to see him fight GGG,hell a fight with Quillin should be easily made
        There are plenty of fights still to be made at 154 if he dominates the division then he could think about moving up. He still has unfinished business in his division.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT
          all you guys saying this about Lara but you know damn well he would move up in a heartbeat for a fight wit sergio or if Cotto if he wins, or if Canelo decided to move up and wanted to fight him. He would easily move up then. Then if he won he has to fight triple G or he's a coward
          WTF is this post? Especially the last sentence.

Still doesn't change the fact that he DOESN'T NEED to or HAS to move up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            But why should he, like Russian said the real solution here is other top fighters fighting him.

Comment

I dont see the big rush for lara to move up,,, im fine either way, 154 or 160,, I dont think its the end of the world if he stays or if he moves up

PErsonally i would like lara to stay at 154 for a bit longer,,

Comment

Yeah, cuz he has no options where he is now lol. This guy will get his shot this year at a title, no question.

Comment

He should be able to force mayweather in the ring in the next 4 fights i would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    But why should he, like Russian said the real solution here is other top fighters fighting him.
                    I agree and I think Larry agrees to. The point he was trying to make is you are holding Floyd to a differnet standard. You guys can talk about the title and everything all you want but you know darn well its not a normal situation. You cant call someone a coward who is in his 5th division and is 150 on fight night but the guy in his 1st divison who is 164 on fight night is the man. That doesnt fly straight. You have to be reasonable.

As for Lara, Im a huge fan and I dont think he should or has to move up. I also think people are sleeping on Canelo. There is no doubt in my mind that Canelo will fight Lara next if he doesnt get the Cotto-Sergio winner. I dont think he see's Lara as much different from Trout, especially if he kicks Angolus butt better than Lara did.

Still, I pretty much treat Floyd & Pac different, especially Floyd. These guys have moved up a ton and are super small at the weights. If they dont want to fight every single guy at there worst weight then Im cool with that. They are at the level anyways where all those guys should be fighting eachother to get to them. Theyve already put in there work. Like I said, how would Floyd look with a 15 or 20 pound advantage? he would kill a dude. He never has that. Instead the only fights that are fair is if he fight guys who are 20 pounds bigger than him. Thats not reasonable

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      WTF is this post? Especially the last sentence.

Still doesn't change the fact that he DOESN'T NEED to or HAS to move up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      my point is how much different than that is Floyd? Floyd only has went to 154 for huge fights, huge money fights. Lara would do the same at 160 but otherwise wouldnt go there. If he did, it doesnt mean he will stay there and fight any top guy for a tenth of the reward. Its the same thing. You guys are using he's a 154 champ thing as your excuse for Floyd but he's only went there for huge fights

Comment

Working...
                      X